This salad is honestly one of my favorite things to eat in summer. It’s fresh and vibrant and pairs perfectly with grilled meat. One our favorite ways to eat it is on a pita or rolled piece of naan with grilled chicken thighs, homemade tzatziki and arugula. I mean, can it get any better?
If you know you have a busy day ahead of you prep this salad the night or morning before and then serve it up with lunch or dinner. It’s Whole30, Paleo, Keto and lasts 3-4 days in the fridge so to get to making it. You won’t regret it!
- 1 English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 5-10 oz of cherry tomatoes, quartered (I prefer less tomatoes in this recipe but feel free to add more if you’re a tomato lover)
- ½ red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/3rd cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
For the Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4th teaspoon salt
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and olives in a bowl.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together until well combined. (I like to add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar, put a lid on it and shake.)
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix well.
- Ideally, let the salad marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving, or overnight.