Everybody needs a couple of side dish recipes that are no fuss, no fail and can really elevate a good meal to something special. This is one of those recipes. Incredibly simple and yet packed with flavor that feels indulgent. Easy enough for a weeknight dinner, special enough for a holiday meal. They are a fantastic side dish, but also make an exceptional cold snack the next day. Although to be honest they rarely last that long. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 1-2 lb carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter or ghee
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put your chopped carrots into a steaming basket. (I prefer a bamboo steamer)
- Bring a couple of inches of water to a rolling boil and place your steaming basket on top.
- Cover with a lid and steam for exactly 5 mutes.
- Remove your basket from the heat and in a nonstick skillet melt the olive oil and butter together over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic slices and rosemary and when fragrant pour the carrots into the pan.
- Sautee the carrots in the garlic, rosemary butter mixture over medium high heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure not to over stir as you want the carrots to brown a little.
- When the carrots are tender and have developed some color, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
[…] can pair with some simple roasted or steamed veggies such as my Rosemary, Garlic Carrots or on its own. So […]