When you're in the mood for a chocolate treat but don't feel like an all out calorie splurge this Chocolate Nice Cream is the perfect sweet fix! This recipe is Vegan and Paleo compliant and is dairy free and gluten free.
This Chocolate Nice Cream is insanely easy to make and is perfect for summer!
My kids demolish this nice cream recipe whenever I make it! And the great thing is you can customize it your personal tastes. Add nuts or dried fruit, top with granola for a little crunch. The sky's the limit!
Check out more Dairy Free Recipes from The Jam Jar Kitchen!
- Food Processor: I love my Cuisinart Food Processor. You can also use a blender in a pinch.
- Frozen bananas: The browner the sweeter when it comes to bananas. Don't throw fruit away if it looks too brown, just throw it in the freezer for later.
- Coconut milk, full fat: I highly recommend using full fat canned coconut milk for this recipe. You need it for the creamy texture.
- Cocoa powder
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Chocolate chips: Make sure to use dairy free chocolate chips to make this recipe Paleo compatible.
I love topping with a sprinkle of chocolate chips or crunchy granola. It's also great with dried fruit!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Chocolate Nice Cream
- Food processor
- 4 bananas, frozen
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips
- Slice your frozen bananas and add to a food processer. Process for around 30 second to 1 minutes until the bananas are almost crumbly in texture with no large chunks.
- Add in cocoa powder, cinnamon and coconut milk. Process for 1-2 minutes until smooth and fully combined. (You may need to stop occassionally and use a spoon to push everything down to get it really smooth.)
- Add in chocolate chips and pulse a few times to full incorporate.
- Serve immediately or put in the freezer to firm up a bit. Enjoy!