These Grilled Portobello & Goat Cheese Burgers prove that summer cook outs are not just for the carnivores!
Meaty portobello mushrooms marinated in balsamic, herb and olive oil dressing pair perfectly with creamy goat cheese, fresh spinach and luscious roasted red peppers. A perfect meal for vegetarians and meat eaters alike!
You will need a grill or heavy grill pan, cutting board and a medium mixing bowl.
- Large portobello mushroom caps: Bigger is better for this recipe! Most stores carry large portobello caps nowadays but they’re a sure bet at Sprouts, Kroger, Whole Foods and Central Market/HEB.
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar: Quality does matter when it comes to vinegar. Use a brand you would enjoy dipping a plain piece of bread in.
- Dried Thyme
- Fresh garlic: You can sub a tsp of garlic powder in a pinch, but freshly crushed garlic is ideal.
- Brioche Buns: You can obviously sub these with regular hamburger buns if necessary, although definitely go for the brioche if you can! Buttery, toasted brioche buns are truly a delight and make this burger something special.
- Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese: There are several brands that carry decent garlic & herb goats cheese. My personal favorite is Montchevre Organic Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese. Target’s brand Good & Gather makes one, so does Primo and Whole Foods.
- Baby Spinach
- Red Onion
- Roasted Red Bell Peppers: I personally love using the Sprouts brand for this recipe but Mezzetta has good roasted peppers or Delallo. Trader Joes is also very good. Pick your fav!
- Salt & Pepper
Savory marinated and grilled portobello mushroom caps pair perfectly with buttered and toasted brioche buns topped with herby goats cheese, roasted red bell peppers, red onion and baby spinach for a truly quick and delicious weeknight (or anytime) meal.
Check out other Vegetarian Recipes from The Jam Jar Kitchen!
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.