This Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream is perfect for the beginning of fall (or anytime really) when we want that special Autumn feeling but the temperature is still over 80. Made with bananas, canned pumpkin, coconut milk, spices and a hint of maple syrup this guilt free treat is sure to please all the pumpkin spice lovers in your life!
When my British husband first moved to Texas a few years ago he was a little baffled about the overwhelming obsession everyone in Texas seemed to have with the Fall season. Especially when it meant families dragging their sweater wearing toddlers to pumpkin patches for photos in 90 degree heat.
While I do understand his confusion and despite the unwillingness of our climate to corporate, I too get a little giddy when the first signs of the changing season begin to arrive.
This delicious Pumpkin Spice "Nice"Cream is the perfect healthy treat for when you want to feel all the Fall feels, but its still over 90 degrees.
Made with frozen bananas, real pumpkin, coconut milk and spices, this quick and simple recipe requires no added sugar and is Dairy Free, Gluten Free and Paleo compliant. Hope you like it as much as we do!
Check out more Fall Recipes from The Jam Jar Kitchen!
- Food processor or blender: I love using my Cuisinart Food Processor for this recipe. You can also use a blender you will probably just need to manually stir several more times to combine.
- Frozen bananas: I like to keep a few bananas in the freezer at all times for smoothies and, of course, nice cream. The browner the better when it comes to nice cream, as they'll be extra sweet.
- Pumpkin puree: The recipe uses less than a full can of pumpkin puree so it's fantastic for using leftover pumpkin after making pie !
- Coconut milk, full fat: I highly, highly recommend using canned, full fat coconut milk for this recipe. The thin refrigerated kind just won't give you the same creaminess.
- Maple syrup: Check your labels to make sure you're buying pure maple syrup, not pancake syrup. It makes a huge difference! I love Maple Grove Farms Pure Maple Syrup.
- Ground Ginger
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream
- Pulse the bananas until crumbly.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
You may need to stop and manually stir a few times to get everything fully combined.
- Enjoy immediately or firm it up in the freezer.
This nice cream is delicious straight out of the food processor but if you're really going for that "ice cream" texture and look put it in the freezer for a couple of hours.
Once you're ready to eat let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe is Vegetarian and Vegan as well as Paleo compliant. It is also dairy free, gluten free and soy free.
I love topping this my Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream with chocolate chips, dried cherries or even granola. Delicious!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Pumpkin Spice Nice Cream
- Food processor
- 4 bananas, frozen
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, chilled
- ½ cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch ground ginger
- Slice your frozen bananas and add to a food processer. Process for around 30 second to 1 minutes until the bananas are almost crumbly in texture with no large chunks.
- Add in pumpkin puree, coconut milk, spices, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Process for 1-2 minutes until smooth and fully combined. (You may need to stop occassionally and use a spoon to push everything down to get it really smooth.)
- Serve immediately or put in the freezer to firm up a bit. Top with chocolate chips, granola or chopped nuts (optional). Enjoy!