When my British husband first moved to Texas a few years ago he was a little baffled about the overwhelming obsession everyone in Texas seemed to have with the Fall season. Especially when it meant families dragging their sweater wearing toddlers to pumpkin patches for photos in 90 degree heat. And while I do understand his confusion and despite the unwillingness of our climate to corporate, I too get a little giddy when the first signs of the changing season begin to arrive.
This delicious Pumpkin Spice “Nice”Cream is the perfect healthy treat for when you want to feel all the Fall feels, but its still over 90 degrees. Made with frozen bananas, real pumpkin, coconut milk and spices, this quick and simple recipe requires no added sugar and is Dairy Free, Gluten Free and Paleo compliant. Hope you like it as much as we do!
Pumpkin Spice “Nice”cream
- Food processor
- 4 bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, chilled
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch ground ginger
- Slice your frozen bananas and add to a food processer. Process for around 30 second to 1 minutes until the bananas are almost crumbly in texture with no large chunks.
- Add in pumpkin puree, coconut milk, spices, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Process for 1-2 minutes until smooth and fully combined. (You may need to stop occassionally and use a spoon to push everything down to get it really smooth.)
- Serve immediately or put in the freezer to firm up a bit. Top with chocolate chips, granola or chopped nuts (optional). Enjoy!