These Mini No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecakes are the perfect single-serve dessert for a date night in.
Traditional Cheesecake Vs No-Bake Cheesecake
So what is the difference between cheesecake and no-bake cheesecake you might ask?
Well, besides the obvious of baked vs not, there is actually a significant textural difference. In fact, I actually think calling it "no-bake" cheesecake is kind of a misnomer as the dish far more resembles a thick mouse than an actual cheesecake. There are also no eggs in a no-bake cheesecake, which is great for anyone with allergies.
Regardless, it is a delicious treat that requires far less effort and time than a traditional cheesecake.
Ingredients for Mini No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecakes:
- Chocolate graham cracker crumbs: I really like using Annie's Chocolate Bunny Grahams for this recipe. I simply put them in a plastic bag and pound them with a rolling pin until they are a fine, crumbly texture. If you want to make this recipe Gluten Free simply opt for a gluten-free chocolate graham cracker or cookie.
- Butter: I always recommend using high quality butter, such as Kerrygold, for baking. Salt or unsalted works in this recipe and just depends on preference.
- Chocolate chips: Again, quality does matter. I like using semi-sweet but you can also go for dark chocolate if you prefer something more bitter. Milk chocolate would also work but it will definitely make the recipe sweeter.
- Fresh Raspberries: This step is totally optional but I really like serving some chocolate dipped raspberries with these no-bake cheesecakes. Make sure to get large raspberries that are firm. This makes it much easier to dip them.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cream Cheese: I definitely recommend using full fat cream cheese. I find that low fat dairy products often have a bunch of extra ingredients added to them to make up for the loss of fat. However, if your prefer using lite or low fat options it will work.
- Sour Cream: Gives the dish a great tang! Again, I prefer using full fat but lite versions will work too.
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract: I throw a dash of vanilla extract for a little extract flavor, but it's totally optional.
- Raspberry Jam: You'll need about 6-8 teaspoons of jam to top the no-bake cheesecakes. I recommend using a high quality jam and if you are in the DFW area I HIGHLY recommend Preserve International's Raspberry Jam. I actually make it myself here in my home kitchen and 100% of the proceeds go towards empowering women farmers.
If you like this Chocolate Raspberry no-bake mini cheesecake be sure to check out some of my other flavors!
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.