This delicious Warm Harvest Salad is packed with classic fall ingredients and is the perfect side dish for all your Autumn recipes. With red cabbage, Brussel sprouts, apples and a delicious wholegrain mustard dressing this dish is sure to be a seasonal favorite!
This nutritious and so very delicious fall inspired side dish is simple to make and pairs perfectly with chicken and pork. I love to make a big batch to eat throughout the week or for a fun harvest themed dinner party. Enjoy!
Other Fall Recipes you will love.
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large skillet: I like using this Cuisinart deep fry pan with lid.
- Red cabbage
- Brussel sprouts
- Green apple
- Wholegrain mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Maple syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
- Fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper
Yes! It won't have the same pretty color but it will still be delicious.
I prefer using a green apple for this recipe because it adds a nice tartness. Honeycrisp also works great but you can really use whatever you have on hand.
Yes, this recipe works great for large gatherings. Simply multiply the ingredients by however many servings you need and follow the same instructions.
Made this Warm Harvest Salad? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Warm Harvest Salad
- Large skillet
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or about ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups shaved Brussel sprouts
- 1 small green apple, peeled and diced
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- salt & pepper
- Cook 3 slices of bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat until crisp. While the bacon is cooking make the dressing. Combine wholegrain mustard, dijon mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and thyme with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until well combined and set aside. Once the bacon is cooked transfer it to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. *Do not throw out the bacon grease.*
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the onions to the same skillet with the bacon grease. Cook over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the shaved Brussel sprouts and cook over medium for another 3 minutes. Add in the green apple and cook for 1 minutes before adding the shredded cabbage and dressing. Cook over medium heat for around 2 minutes until the cabbage has just wilted.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Chop the cooked bacon and mix into the salad. Serve warm and enjoy!