Goat Cheese & Balsamic Fig Jam Crostini with Prosciutto
These simple crostinis make a fabulous holiday appetizer that all your guests are sure to enjoy. So easy to put together, this recipe can easily be made to suit a small gathering or double, tripled or even quadrupled to feed a crowd.
- 1 large baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz package of goats cheese
- 1 jar Balsamic fig jam (plain fig jam will also work great) I recommend Preserve International's Blasmic & Black Peppercorn Fig Jam (linked above)
- 8-10 proscuitto slices, cut in half
- fresh Basil leaves
- freshly cracked pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Using a pastry brush to lightly brush both sides of your baguette slices with olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 6-8 minutes until slightly golden and crisp (not crunchy).
Take the crostinis out of the oven and allow to cool.
On top of each crostini, spread on .5 to 1 tsp of goats cheese and then .5 - 1 tsp of Balsamic fig jam. Then add 1 half slice of proscuiti rolled or folded over to fit and 1-2 basil leaves.
Finish off with freshly ground black pepper and enjoy!