If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand time, jam was not only meant for toast. For those of you who have never made a jam cocktail it is such a fun and refreshing way to both sweeten and flavor your tasty adult beverages. You can really get creative mixing your favorite spirits and preserves, but this is one of our personal favorites.
I’m using Preserve International Pear Preserves, but I have also made the same cocktail using Blackberry Jam, Blueberry Peach Jam or even the Plum & Cardamom Compote. If you live in the DFW area and want to support a great cause while enjoying some delicious preserves you can orderer artisan jams, chutneys, pickles and marmalades at the link below.
Of course you can always use any store-bought or farmers market jam you have available. Just a word of advice though, the quality of jam you use really does make a difference to the final result. Be sure to check those labels! Quality jam will only have fruit and sugar, maybe some spices and pectin. Ideally you don’t want a product that uses any corn sweeteners or chemical preservatives. In our opinion, farmers market or other hand-canned preserves are always best!
- 1 shot gin (I like Tanqueray)
- ½ shot Elderflower Liquor
- 1-2 TBSP quality jam or preserves, I recommend Preserve International Pear Preserves or Blackberry Jam (adjust according your preferred level of sweetness)
- Juice of half a lime
- Club Soda
- Combine all ingredients (excluding club soda) in a shaker and shake until well mixed.
- Pour over ice and top off with club soda
- Add a wedge of lime if desired.