These Gingerbread & White Chocolate Bourbon bars by Four Roses Bourbon are a fabulous holiday treat that come together in less than 30 minutes!
These boozy, gingery bars are the perfect holiday treat for the adults in your life!
They are soft, spicy, sweet but not too sweet and exactly what you want with an afternoon cup of tea or coffee. Plus, as far as baking goes it doesn't get much easier than this. You can use a handheld mixer or simply a whisk and strong hand to throw these bars together in no time.
Your friends and neighbors will love these (if there are any left over) and they make a perfect addition to your holiday cookie box. Enjoy!
More Christmas recipes you will love!
Four Roses Bourbon
When Four Roses Bourbon reached out to me to try out their new recipe for White Chocolate Bourbon Bars using some of their class Kentucky Bourbon you better believe I jumped at the chance.
Four Roses bourbon is not just great for sipping or cocktails but gives these delicious gingerbread bars a subtle depth of flavor that screams holiday.
- 9X13 baking pan: I like this Nordic ware baking pan.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons: This Oxo measuring cup and spoon set is great and really inexpensive!
- Parchment paper (optional)
- All-purpose flour
- Dark brown sugar: Light brown will also work but dark brown has more flavor.
- Spices: You will need allspice, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- White chocolate: You can chop your own or use white chocolate chips.
- Good quality bourbon: I used Four Roses Bourbon. Make sure it's a brand you would drink.
Four Roses White Chocolate Bourbon Gingerbread Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1.5 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp good quality Bourbon I recommend Four Roses
- ¾ cup chopped white chocolate white chocolate chips will also work
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking pan (use parchment paper if you prefer to pull bars out of the pan before cutting.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, salt, brown sugar, spices and baking soda until well combine, set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, mix melted butter and egg together until smooth. Stir in molasses, vanilla and bourbon.
- Carefully pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spread dough evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes until gingerbread is puffed up, and center is just set.
- Remove from the oven, and dust with powdered sugar. Let cool, cut and dust with powdered sugar again. Enjoy!
*Note* The above links are considered as â€œaffiliate linksâ€. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.