These delicious Goat Cheese Crostini with Garlic & Rosemary marinated Sun-dried Tomatoes are the perfect holiday snack or appetizer that will have you and your guests coming back for more!
The Perfect Holiday Appetizer
This is just one of those dishes that, for me, is quintessential Christmas.
Every year for as long as I can remember my mom served a log of goats cheese topped with rosemary, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes and served with fresh baked crostini bread. Even as a kid I loved it and looked forward to having it every December. And now you can too!
This is such a simple and quick recipe the packs a big punch of flavor. Bonus, it can be made ahead of time and quickly assembled the day of. Perfect for the holiday season!
More Christmas recipes you will love!
- Paper towels
- Mise en place bowls (optional): I love Duralex nesting glass food prep bowls from Amazon. I seriously use them all the time.
- Baking Sheet
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
Ingredients Needed for these Goat Cheese Crostini with Garlic & Rosemary Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil: I like Mezzetta Sun-dried tomatoes in oil but your favorite brand will do. If you can't find sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil you can use the dried version. Just soak in a little warm (not hot) water for about 15 minutes before using.
- Fresh rosemary: Definitely use fresh, not dried, for this recipe.
- Fresh garlic: Freshly crushed garlic is always the best option. I know those little jars of pre-minced garlic are tempting timesavers, but they really don't have the same flavor as fresh.
- Olive Oil: You will want to use a good quality olive oil for this recipe. Something you would like in a dressing.
- Goat Cheese: I like plain goats cheese for this recipe since the tomatoes have so much flavor. You can use herbed goat cheese if you prefer.
- Baguettes: I love toasted baguettes for this dish. You can also use crackers or bread.
- Salt & Pepper
If you don't have baguettes the spread goes really beautifully on crackers. The key here is to give the flavors some time to really meld together. You also want to focus on using quality ingredients as it really does make a difference. Give these a try and let me know what you think!
Check our more Appetizer and Lite Bite Recipes from The Jam Jar Kitchen!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Goat Cheese Crostini with Garlic & Rosemary Marinated Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 8 oz jar sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 6-10 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup olive oil, good quality
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 10.5 oz log of goat cheese
- 2 baguettes
- olive oil
Marinate the sun dried tomatoes
- Drain the sundried tomatoes and then rinse the oil off with water. Pour onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Combine rosemary and minced garlic in a bowl with ½ cup olive oil.
- Pour sun-dried tomatoes on a cutting board and finely chop into small pieces. Pour into the bowl with the garlic, rosemary and olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- If serving immediately, set aside and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour before serving. *If making ahead, cover the bowl and put in the fridge to marinate for a few hours to overnight. Take out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving to let it come closer to room temperature.
Make the crostini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the baguettes on the diagnol to about ½ inch thickness. Arrange on a baking sheet and use a pastry brush to brush a little bit of olive oil on the top of each slice. Sprinkle with a small pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crisp but not hard. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Take the goat cheese out of the fridge and put on a serving platter. Spoon the marinated sun-dried tomatoes over the top and around the sides. Arrange the crostinis on the platter and serve. Enjoy!
*Note* The above links are considered as â€œaffiliate linksâ€. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.
You got me at goat cheese. Appetizers some times we have them as dinner so this is perfect for wine pairings too.
Beautiful presentation and wonderful flavors. This is a keeper!
So many great flavors here! Yum!!
What a classic combination! I love a good crostini with goat cheese, and have one Iâ€™m making this year with cranberry sauce and a spicy Moroccan condiment called Chermoula. Yours looks fantastic as well - love the addition of rosemary.
Iâ€™m making this! Yumm! Thanks!
Love this recipe! The sun-dried tomato blends beautifully with goat cheese and this makes a quick and delicious appetizer