These Strawberry & Lime White Chocolate Blondies are so simple to throw together and have a fabulously unique flavor and chewy texture the whole family will love.
How to Get Real Strawberry Flavor
I have to tell you that I am a huge, HUGE fan of any and all strawberry flavored baked goods. But it wasn't until very recently that I discovered that the majority of my favorite strawberry cake and cupcake recipes relied solely on artificial strawberry flavor and red food dye. Say what!?
So I set out to transform some of my strawberry favorites using more natural ingredients. Unfortunately with fresh strawberries having such a high water content, simply replacing the artificial flavors (often in the form of strawberry jello) was not really an option. Hence, the addition of.... freeze dried strawberries!
Freeze dried strawberries pack a huge punch of strawberry flavor without all the added moisture. And they work perfectly alongside lime and white chocolate in this deliciously fresh summer blondie!
You will need 2 mixing bowls, an electric hand mixer or stand mixer and a 9 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Freeze Dried Strawberries: You can find these at most grocery stores but I typically get mine from Whole Foods or through Amazon. Make sure that you get freeze-dried and not just dehydrated strawberries as the freeze dried option is much more crisp.
- Fresh Limes: You will be using the zest so organic is best and make sure to wash the skin well.
- White Chocolate Chips: I love Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips!
- All-Purpose Flour
- White Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar: I typically use light brown sugar, but dark brown will work too in a pinch. Just expect a slightly richer flavor.
- Butter: I typically use salted butter in my baking recipes. However, unsalted works fine. Just add a larger pinch of salt to the flour mixture.
- Vanilla Extract
- Eggs: Room temperature is ideal.
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
Tips & Tricks for Perfect Strawberry & Lime White Chocolate Blondies
Don't skip the step of pinching the lime zest into the sugar before adding the other ingredients. This really activates the zest and infuses the sugar with lime flavor.
Err on the side of under-baking these blondies as they will continue to cook some in the pan while cooling.
Be sure to let the blondies cool before icing. Sprinkle the crushed freeze dried strawberries immediately after icing so that they stick to the top of the blondies.
More Dessert Recipes for you to love!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
The Jam Jar KitchenÂ is aÂ participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.
These look so delicious-- the pictures look so amazing too!! ðŸ˜€
I'm craving something sweet now XD.