These easy to make grilled bell peppers are the perfect summer side dish! Super healthy and delicious, this recipe is a great option for those following Whole30, Paleo and Low Carb lifestyles, as well as for those following the 2B Mindset program.
Grilled bell peppers are proof that sometimes the most delicious recipes are the simplest to make!
Grilling bell peppers brings out the summery sweetness and is a perfect side dish or sandwich topping. Drizzle a little aged balsamic or chimichurri for extra flavor!
Other grilling recipes you will love.
- Cutting board and sharp knife
- 4 large sweet bell peppers: Red, orange and yellow work best. Green peppers are much less sweet.
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill and prepare the bell peppers.
Preheat grill over medium high heat for about 5-10 minutes until hot.
Slice bell peppers in half and remove the stems, seeds and pith with a sharp knife.
Brush olive oil on both sides of the pepper using a basting or pastry brush, or simply rub on with your hands.
- Grill the bell peppers.
Place the bell peppers cut side down onto the preheated grill. Cook on medium heat undisturbed with the lid closed for 4-5 minutes.
Flip to the other side and grill with the lid closed for an additional 4-5 minutes until the peppers are cooked al dente with a nice char.
- Season and serve!
Transfer the peppers from the grill to a foil line pan (optional) or plate.
Season both sides with a little sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Serve drizzled with a little aged balsamic or chimichurri. Enjoy!
Dietary and Lifestyle Information
These grilled bell peppers are naturally gluten free, dairy free and soy free.
I love drizzling a little aged balsamic vinegar on these peppers straight off the grill. They are also delicious with some fresh Chimichurri!
If you love these grilled peppers you should definitely check out my recipe for Grilled Pepper & Mozzarella Sandwiches.
More recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Grilled Bell Peppers
- Grill and grill tongs
- Cutting board and knife
- Pastry or basting brush (optional)
- 4 large sweet bell peppers
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill over medium to medium high heat for 5-10 minutes until hot.
- Prepare the peppers by slicing them in half then removing the stems, seeds and pith. Brush both sides of the bell peppers with a little olive oil.
- Place the peppers cut side down on the grill. Grill undisturbed with the lid closed on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Flip to the other side and grill with the lid closed for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a pan or plate and sprinkle both sides with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve drizzled with aged balsamic or chimicurri if desired. Enjoy!