This Melon Pavlova is a unique twist on the beloved dish with fresh melon marinated in mint and lime atop a bed of whipped cream served on a delicately crisp meringue.
Pavlova is one of my family’s all-time favorite desserts, especially around the holidays! This beautiful and delicious dessert is surprisingly easy to make and is sure to be a real showstopper at any gathering. Sweet melon is briefly marinated in lime juice and mint and then served with vanilla bean whipped cream atop a meringue base. Garnish with glistening pomegranate seeds and fresh mint for a sweet and fruity dessert you friends and family will love.
For the best results be sure to Pure Flavor’s Oronai™ Sweet Charentais Melon !
Why Choose Pure Flavor® ?
By now I'm sure y'all know I am a big fan of Pure Flavor® produce and these Pure Flavor’s Oronai™ Sweet Charentais Melons are the perfect melon for this pavlova. They are sweet, fragrant and juicy. Combined with lime juice and a little mint they were beautifully as a topping for a light, crisp pavlova.
In addition to tasting great, Pure Flavor is committed to ensuring the highest quality greenhouse grown produce. Pure Flavor treats their growers, employees and customers with the upmost respect, which is something I can really get behind.
Learn more at www.pureflavor.com.
More dessert recipes you will love.
- Stand mixture with whisk attachment or Large mixing bowl with electric hand mixer
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Fresh melon: I highly recommend using Pure Flavor’s Oronai™ Sweet Charentais Melons. They are perfect level of juicy sweetness with a deliciously tender texture.
- Egg whites: Room temperature works best.
- White granulated sugar
- White vinegar
- Corn Starch
- Heavy whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Bean Paste
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh mint
- Pomegranate seeds
Time needed: 3 hours and 15 minutes.
This recipe may look impressive but it is surprisingly easy to make!
- Make the meringue.
When making meringue the key is to add the sugar slowly. Whip the eggs to soft peaks, then add sugar about one tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form. You should be able to tip the bowl upside down without any meringue falling out.
Then mix the vinegar and corn starch together and fold into the mixture.
- Bake the meringue base.
Spread the meringue onto a parchment lined baking sheet in a circle shape, forming a well in the middle (where you will add the whipped cream). Then bake in the oven.
When the meringue is fully baked turn the oven heat off. Then open the oven door slightly and allow it cool in the oven for at least and hour and half up to over night before topping.
- Assemble the melon pavlova.
When the meringue has cooled make your whipped cream, remove the seeds from a pomegranate and in a separate bowl mix melon with lime juice and fresh mint.
Spoon the whipped cream into the well of the meringue. Then top with melon, pomegranate seeds and fresh mint leaves.
- Serve and Enjoy!
More recipes you will love.
Made this Melon Pavlova recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
- bowl and stand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- parchment lined baking sheet
- 6 egg whites room temperature
- 1.5 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups sweet melon, cubed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix vinegar and corn starch together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add egg whites to the bowl of a stand mixer. Start on low speed and gradually build up to medium speed until soft peaks form. Continue whipping on medium speed while adding sugar slowly, about 1 tbsp at a time. Once all the sugar has been used add a pinch of salt. Then turn the speed to medium high and whip until stiff peaks form. Add the corn starch and vinegar mixture and gently fold into the meringue.
- Spread egg white mixture in a circle on the baking sheet, using an offset spatula to create a well in the center. Turn the oven to 200 F. Bake for 90 minutes. Then turn off the heat and open the oven door. Allow the meringue to cool in the warm oven for about 90 minutes until cool to the touch.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or mixing bowl with electric hand mixer) whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste into stuff peaks. In a separate bowl mix melon cubes, lime juice, mint and honey. Allow to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
- Once the meringue has cooled completely spoon the whipped cream into the well in the center. The top with melon and pomegranate seeds. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs if desired. Enjoy!