This creamy and delicious Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta is a ridiculously easy, make ahead dessert that is sure to impress friends and family alike!
I can't even begin to tell you just how good this Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta is. I highly recommend using vanilla bean paste (or the seeds of a vanilla bean pod) rather than vanilla extract for an elevated flavor and texture. This is a great recipe to make for the holidays or for any gathering. It's easily made in advance and simply topped with some fresh fruit or mint before serving. Enjoy!
What is Panna Cotta?
Panna Cotta is a traditional Italian dessert made with a sweetened milk and cream mixture set with gelatin and served chilled.
While many classic Panna Cotta recipes are made in a mold and then removed. I prefer the ease and look of serving it in little glass pots.
More dessert recipes for you to enjoy.
For this recipe you will need a sauce pan and a whisk.
- Unflavored gelatine: I use a packet of Knox gelatin.
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Whole Milk
- White Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Bean Paste: You could also scrape the seeds out of a vanilla bean pod. I love using this Simply Organic Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste.
Time needed: 6 hours and 15 minutes.
This light and creamy vanilla bean panna cotta is the perfect after dinner treat. With the perfect level of sweetness and true vanilla flavor, this classic make ahead dessert is as impressive as it is simple to make.
- Bloom the gelatine.
- Made the vanilla bean cream mixture and pour into jars.
- Chill garnish and serve. Enjoy!
More recipes you will love.
Made this Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta
- small prep bowl
- Sauce pan
- 7 4 oz jars
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 packet of powdered gelatine 7.2 grams
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch of salt
For serving (optional)
- pomegranate seeds
- fresh mint
- assorted berries
- Add 3 tbsp of water to a small bowl. Sprinkle the powdered gelatine evenly over the top and set aside to bloom, at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium size sauce pan combine cream, milk, sugar, vanilla bean paste and a pinch of salt.Bring to a gentle simmer over medium to medium high heat and cook until the sugar has fully dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Add the bloomed gelatine to the cream mixture and whisk until well combined with no lumps.Carefully pour into 7 four ounce serving pots and place in the fridge to set for at least 6 hours and up to 3 days.
- Remove from the fridge and top pomegranate seeds, fresh mint or assorted berries if desired. Serve chilled and enjoy!