Sweet and creamy with that classic chocolate hazelnut flavor, this Nutella Cheesecake Mousse is an easy, versatile dessert that can be served in a variety of ways!
This delicious Nutella Cheesecake Mousse is so simple to make and can be served in a variety of ways! With classic Nutella flavor, it's great in tarts and pies, as a fruit dip, a cake filling or simply on it own with a little unsweetened whipped cream.
More dessert recipes you will love.
For this recipe you will need a mixing bowl and an electric mixer. I love using my KitchenAid Stand mixer for this recipe. An electric hand mixer also works great.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese: I recommend using full fat for the best flavor and texture.
- Powdered sugar
- Sour cream: I recommend using full fat for the best flavor and texture.
- Salt: Just a pinch will do!
This recipe is extremely versatile and can be served in several different ways.
Firstly, it can be served on its own (as pictured above). I like crumbling an oreo or shortbread cookie at the bottom of a small serving jar to give it a little crunch. Then topping with fresh fruit.
Secondly, as fruit dip. You can spoon it into a bowl. And serve with strawberries for dipping.
Thirdly, as a cake filling. Make a Nutella mousse cake by spreading this mousse in the middle of two chocolate or vanilla cakes.
And finally, in a pie or tart. You can spread this mousse into a pie crust or pipe it into tart shells and top with fruit. Check out my Nutella Tartlets recipe. You could also serve in this Homemade Oreo Pie Crust.
These are my favorite ways to serve it. But you really can use this Nutella mousse however you heart desires!
More recipes you will love.
Made this Nutella Cheesecake Mousse recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Nutella Cheesecake Mousse
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese I recommend using full fat
- ¾ cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp sour cream I recommend using full fat
- pinch of salt
- fresh berries optional, for serving
- Add one cup of heavy whipping cream to the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Pour the whipped cream into a separate bowl and set aside until later.
- In the same large bowl you removed the whipped cream from add the Nutella, softened cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar and a small pinch of salt. Beat together on medium high speed for a couple minutes until well combined and creamy.
- Then add the whipped cream back to the bowl and use a spatula to fold it into the mixture until no white streaks remain, being careful not to over mix.Chill for at least 1 hour up to 2 days before serving. Serve on it's on topped with fresh fruit or see the above suggestions. Enjoy!