Making a homemade Oreo Pie Crust could not be easier! With just a few simple ingredients this crust is perfect for no-bake pies and cheesecakes!
Now I don't have anything against store bought Oreo pie crusts but this recipe is just so easy why wouldn't you make it yourself at home? This pie crust works beautifully for a variety of no-bake (and baked) pies and cheesecakes. My personal favorite way to use it is in the No Bake Oreo Peanut Butter Pie (seriously, so delicious) but feel free to get creative!
More dessert recipes you will love.
If you are making a traditional pie you will need a 9 inch pie pan. However, this recipe can also be used for a 10x10 square pan crust or another shaped pan of a similar size.
For crushing the cookies there are really two primary methods.
The first, and probably the easiest, is with a food processor. And this Cuisinart Food Processor is more than up to the task.
If you don't have a food processor you can go with the alternative route of a plastic or silicone bag and a rolling pin.
You will also need a small bowl to melt the butter in. I love these mis en place bowls and use them daily!
- Chocolate cream filled cookies: I know this recipe is literally called Oreo Pie Crust but please feel free to use any brand of chocolate cream filled cookies that you prefer. In all honesty I tend to use these Back to Nature Chocolate & Creme Cookies rather than actual "Oreos" just because I like the ingredients a bit better. But it's totally up to you!
- Unsalted butter: I'm a big fan of Kerrygold Butter
- Salt: A little pinch of salt can go a long way in sweet recipes.
This crust is fabulous is my No-Bake Oreo Peanut Butter Pie. It also works great with chocolate cream pie, no bake cheesecakes and even as a brownie base!
Made this Homemade Oreo Pie Crust recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Homemade Oreo Pie Crust
- 9 inch pie dish
- food processor OR plastic bag with rolling pin
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- Add between 23-25 Oreo or other chocolate cream filled cookies to a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb is formed. You should get about 2 cups.Add in 5 tbsp of melted unsalted butter and a pinch of salt and stir to combine.Dump the crumb mixture into a 9 inch pie dish and use your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup to press the crust into the bottom of the dish and up a couple inches on the side. Make sure there are no gaps in the crust.Use your fingers to gently press down on the outer rim of the crust to form a flat even surface. Then place the pie dish into the freezer for at least 15 minutes to firm up before adding the filling.*Notes* If you don't have a food processor you can crush the cookies by placing them into a plastic or silicone bag and bashing with a rolling pin until a fine crumb is formed.
Leave a Reply