This beautiful and delicious Gin & Pear Jam Smash combines classic cocktail flavors in an updated fashion, resulting in a refreshing drink you will want to make again and again.
Empress 1908 Gin
In the summer of 2020, when I had just began my food blogging adventure, I was lucky enough to stumble across a new that is not only flavorful and incredibly smooth but absolutely beautiful to boot.
Handcrafted in small batch copper-pot stills, Empress 1908 Gin is a collaboration between Victoria Distillers and the legendary Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia. On top of traditional botanicals, they add a signature blend of black tea served at the Empress Hotel and butterfly pea blossom, an exotic herb that balances the traditional citrus notes of gin with a warm herbal earthiness, and gives the gin its natural indigo color.
You can purchase Empress 1908 at most liquor stores, including Total Wines, or you can get it conveniently delivered straight to your door through Bottle Rover (yes, it’s as amazing as it sounds).
- Empress 1908 Gin: Quality does matter in a gin cocktail!
- Elderflower Liquor: Your favorite brand will work.
- Fresh Lime or Lemon Juice: One cocktail calls for the juice of 1/2 a small/medium lemon or lime (about 1 oz). I originally developed the recipe using lime but tend to use whatever I’ve got in the house. Both taste great!
- Pear Preserves: My absolute favorite preserves to use in this recipe are Preserve International’s Lemon Ginger Pear Preserves. Not only are they delicious but all proceeds go towards empowering women small scale farmers in northern Uganda. Preserve International preserves are typically only available in the Dallas-Fort Worth area so if you are unable to get your hands on some any quality pear preserves will do!
- Club Soda: I love the little bit of fizz club soda gives to this cocktail. It also makes it very refreshing for a warm day. However, if you want to leave this out and serve this drink straight up that works well too.
Check out more Drink Recipes from The Jam Jar Kitchen!
*Note* The above links are considered as “affiliate links”. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.