This beautiful and delicious Gin & Pear Jam Smash combines classic flavors with Empress 1908 Gin for a fun, refreshing cocktail!
Empress 1908 Gin
In the summer of 2020, when I had just began my food blogging adventure, I was lucky enough to stumble across Empress 1908 Gin.
This gin is not only delicious and incredibly smooth, but absolutely beautiful!
Handcrafted in small batch copper-pot stills, Empress 1908 Gin is a collaboration between Victoria Distillers and the legendary Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia.
On top of traditional botanicals, they add a signature blend of black tea served at the Empress Hotel and butterfly pea blossom, an exotic herb that balances the traditional citrus notes of gin with a warm herbal earthiness, and gives the gin its natural indigo color.
This gin has become our family's go to. I can't recommend it enough!
You can purchase Empress 1908 at most liquor stores, including Total Wines, or you can get it conveniently delivered straight to your door through Bottle Rover (yes, it's as amazing as it sounds).
- Cocktail shaker or mason jar with a lid
- Cocktail strainer: I love this Oxo Cocktail Strainer. You can order it on Amazon and it gets the job done.
- Citrus Juicer (optional): You can totally just squeeze your citrus by hand. Or you can use this fabulous Oxo Citrus Squeezer. Makes life just a little easier!
- Serving Glass
- Empress 1908 Gin: Quality does matter in a gin cocktail!
- Elderflower Liquor: Your favorite brand will work.
- Fresh Lime or Lemon Juice: This cocktail calls for the juice of ½ a small/medium lemon or lime (about 1 oz). Either works!
- Pear Preserves: If you are in the Dallas /Fort Worth area my absolute favorite preserves to use in this recipe are Preserve International's Lemon Ginger Pear Preserves. If not, your favorite brand will do!
- Club Soda