This refreshing Pineapple Pico de Gallo is the perfect accompaniment to fish and shrimp tacos and is fabulous served with a bowl of tortilla chips!
I love a fruit based pico de gallo and this pineapple version is one of my absolute favorites. It's fantastic served with seafood or grilled chicken tacos. I also love eating it with just tortilla chips and a sprinkle of Tajin.
Make sure to choose a pineapple that is firm but not hard and that smells sweet and fresh. This recipe is very adaptable and you can feel free to add additional fruits (such as mango) or peppers according to preference. Enjoy!
More dip and condiment recipes you will love.
- Mixing bowl: I love these glass Pyrex nesting bowls from Amazon.
- Cutting board and sharp knife
- Fresh pineapple: A ripe pineapple should feel firm but not hard and smell sweet and fresh.
- Red bell pepper: You can also use a yellow or orange bell pepper if preferred.
- Red onion: You'll need a small red onion or about half of a large one.
- Cilantro: Fresh is best! I use one bunch which comes out to about 1 cup chopped.
- Jalapeno: The heat is in the seeds so you can leave them in for a hotter pico, or remove them before dicing for a milder version.
- Lime: A fresh lime is best but you can use bottled lime juice in a pinch.
- Salt & pepper
- Tajin (optional): I like sprinkling a little Tajin on top right before serving for extra flavor.
That somewhat depends on you. The heat is found in the seeds of the jalapenos so you can leave them all in for a spicy pico, or deseed completely for a milder version.
If you'd like an even spicier version feel free to add an extra jalapeno or a diced habenero pepper.
More recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this Pineapple Pico de Gallo recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Pineapple Pico de Gallo
- Cutting board and knife
- mixing bowl
- 1 pineapple, diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- salt & pepper
- tajin optional
- Add the pineapple, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro to a mixing bowl. The add the juice of 1 lime with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt, pepper and lime juice to preference. If desired add a sprinkle of tajin before serving. Enjoy!