This Crab, Spinach and Artichoke dip is a creamy, indulgent appetizer that you won't be able to stop eating! Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips and veggie slices for a dish you and your guests are sure to love!
If you love hot spinach and artichoke dip with a seafood twist then this recipe is for you! This Crab, Spinach and Artichoke is an upgrade on the beloved classic that is great for parties and tailgates. It takes only a few minutes to throw together and can easily be made a day in advance. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or sliced veggies like carrot, bell pepper and celery for everyone's soon to be favorite appetizer!
More tailgating recipes you will love.
- Mixing bowls: I love these Pyrex nesting glass mixing bowls from Amazon.
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment: My KitchenAid 6 speed hand mixer works great for this recipe!
- Baking dish: I love serving this dip in a 11.25" au gratin style baking dish. The one I use is the Le Creuset Stoneware Heritage au gratin dish.
- Cheese grater (optional): While pre shredded cheese works in a pinch, I always recommend freshly grating your cheese for the best texture and flavor. This Oxo Good Grips Box Grater is my favorite.
- Cream Cheese: Be sure to use full fat cream cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Sour Cream: Full fat, good quality sour cream will give you the best outcome for this recipe.
- Mayonnaise: I know not everyone is a huge fan of mayo (myself included) but I promise in this recipe it's more about texture than flavor. Be sure to use a good quality mayonnaise for the best results. Or if you prefer you can substitute full fat yogurt or extra sour cream.
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Crab Meat: I highly recommend using pasteurized lump crab meat, such as this brand from Sprouts. Imitation crab meat just doesn't bake up as well or have the same great flavor.
- Garlic cloves: I recommend using fresh garlic, rather than the pre-minced kind you buy in a jar.
- Frozen Spinach: I like using frozen spinach for this recipe because it's easy to thaw and drain. You could substitute with fresh but you would need to cook it down and get out as much liquid as possible.
- Canned artichoke hearts: You want the kind canned in water rather than in oil.
- Green Onions
- Shredded Mozzarella: You can use freshly shredded or pre-shredded for this recipe.
- Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Shredded parmeson
- Cayenne (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Salt & pepper
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 35 minutes.
- Blend the cream cheese base.
In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne and Old Bay seasoning.
Blend on medium speed with an electric hand mixer until well combined.
- Add in veggies, cheese and crab.
Add in the green onions, artichoke hearts and spinach along with 1 ½ cups of the shredded cheese and stir until smooth.
Fold in the lump crab meat. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as necessary.
- Bake and serve.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish then top with the remaining shredded cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.
Serve hot and enjoy!
I love serving this Crab Spinach and Artichoke Dip with tortilla chips or pita chips. It's also great on a toasted baguette pieces or served with fresh veggie slices.
More recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Electric hand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- baking dish I recommend using an 11 inch au gratin pan
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne optional
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed, drained and roughly chopped
- 14 oz canned artichoke hearts, roughly chopped Use artichoke hearts in water not oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz lump crab meat
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. In a medium size mixing bowl combine shredded parmesan, mozzarella and cheddar. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, crushed garlic, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne (optional). Use an electric hand mixer on medium speed until the ingredients are well combined. Add in the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts and 1.5 cups of the shredded cheese. Mix by hand until combined. Then fold in the drained lump crab meat, trying not to break up the pieces too much. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top. Then bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and the cheese is melted and browned.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with pita chips, tortilla chips or veggie slices.