When we were living in the UK I developed a slight love affair with smoked salmon pate. It was so fresh and tasty and I could eat an entire jar in one sitting on cucumbers, crackers and/or toast. That part still hasn’t changed but once we moved back to Texas I was forced to start making the stuff myself at home and, to be honest, had a realized how simple it was I probably would have done the same back in England!
This Smoked Salmon Pate, “Dip”, or “Spread” is made with fresh, clean ingredients and if eaten with cucumbers it is both Keto and Gluten-Free. However, it’s also fabulous on a toasted slice of sourdough so I’ll just you choose. 🙂
Smoked Salmon Spread
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz hot smoked salmon
- 1-2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove salmon skin and shred with a fork or by hand into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well to fully combine.
- Serve with cucumber, crackers, on a sandwich, in a salad or straight out of the bowl with a spoon.