These Hot Italian Sub Sliders are packed with flavor and so easy to throw together! They are perfect for a tailgate or gathering and can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd.
With football season starting up again and the holidays upon us I am on a search for delicious recipes that come together easily and are perfect for entertaining. And these Hot Italian Sub Sandwiches fit that bill flawlessly.
These sliders are piled high with my favorite Italian deli meats, cheese and slices of Mezzetta peperoncini and hot cherry peppers. You can make them more or less spicy by subbing out peperoncini for jalapenos. Or add roasted red pepper in place of the hot cherry peppers.
These sliders are delicious on their own or I like to serve them with a side of marinara for dipping. I hope you enjoy these sandwiches as much as we do!
More tailgating recipes you will love.
- Baking sheet or other rectangular pan
- Small bowl and pastry brush: I love this silicone pastry brush set from Amazon.
- Hawaiian rolls: I recommend Kings Hawaiian rolls.
- Deli ham: I love this Applegate Black Forest Ham.
- Salami: This Columbus Italian Dry Salame is my favorite.
- Sliced pepperoni: I highly recommend this Applegate pepperoni.
- Sliced provolone
- Hot cherry peppers: I recommend Mezzetta brand.
- Peperoncini: I recommend Mezzetta brand.
- Butter: I love using Kerrygold salted butter.
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh garlic
Step By Step Instructions
Time needed: 40 minutes.
How to make Italian sub sliders
- Assemble the sliders.
Cut the rolls in half crosswise then layer on ham, salami, pepperoni, provolone and the peperoncini and hot cherry pepper slices. Then replace the top half of the rolls.
- Brush on the seasoned butter.
Melt ¼ cup of salted butter and then stir in 1 tsp of Italian seasoning and 2 crushed garlic cloves. Brush the butter mixture over the top of the sliders.
- Bake and enjoy!
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cut and serve warm. Enjoy!
These sliders definitely have kick from the hot cherry peppers and pepperoncini but I wouldn't call it overly spicy. If you prefer a more mild dish then you can substitute the pepperoncini for mild banana peppers and the cherry peppers for roasted red peppers.
If you want more of a kick then add extra peppers or include a few sliced habaneros or other chiles.
Absolutely! This is a great recipe to make for a crowd because it is so easy to double. If available, Kings makes 18 packs and even 24 packs of their Hawaiian rolls to make it extra simple.
You can use any dinner rolls that are connected for this recipe.
These sliders are best served warm, straight out of the oven. I love to serve them with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
More recipes to check out.
Made these Hot Italian Sub Sliders? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Hot Italian Sub Sliders
- Baking pan
- pastry brush
- Small mixing bowl
- 12 pack rolls, halved lengthwise I recommend Kings Hawaiian rolls
- 6 oz package of ham, thinly sliced
- 5 oz package of salami, thinly sliced
- 5 oz package of pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 9 slices provolone cheese
- ⅓ cup pepperoncini, sliced
- ⅓ cup pickled hot cherry peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed I recommend fresh over jarred.
To Serve (optional)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the bottom half of the rolls on a baking sheet or pan. Layer on slices of ham, then top with salami, a layer of pepperoni and a layer of provolone. Then layer on sliced hot cherry peppers and sliced peperoncini. Replace the top bun and set aside. In a small bowl combine melted butter with Italian seasoning and crushed garlic. Mix to combine. Then brush the seasoned butter mixture over the top of the sliders, being sure to coat all the nooks and crannies.
- Cover the sliders with foil then bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven then slice and enjoy! *I recommend serving with a side of your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.*