These Cranberry Bourbon Meatballs are simple to make and packed with flavor, a perfect holiday snack or appetizer!
The perfect holiday party food!
Growing up my mom always used to make bourbon meatballs around the holidays which we would devour on little tooth picks feeling oh so fancy.
To make this dish even easier (which, let's face it is exactly what you need in a holiday appetizer) I use store-bought, frozen Swedish style meatballs and a sauce full of staple pantry ingredients.
More Christmas recipes for you to love!
Equipment needed for Cranberry Bourbon Meatballs
You will need either a large Dutch Oven or other heavy pot. OR you can use a slow cooker.
I love my Le Creuset Dutch Oven and probably use it more than any other kitchen item!
- Swedish style frozen meatballs: You can also make your own meatballs but I think these are a great shortcut for getting delicious food out fast.
- Bourbon: Use something you would drink. Doesn't need to be super expensive but quality does make a difference.
- Cranberry Sauce or Jam, Whole Berry: I would not recommend using the cranberry sauce (aka jello) that comes in a can around Thanksgiving. Try to find cranberry jam or cranberry sauce that still has the whole berry. If you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area I highly recommend checking out the Cranberry Sauce from Preserve International.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Chili Garlic Sauce: I like Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce.
Can I make it in a slow cooker?
You most certainly can!
To use a slow cooker or crock pot just combine the sauce ingredients, add meatballs and cook on low for about 4 hours until meatballs are fully heated through.
You can also leave them in the slow cooker on warm setting to serve.
Check out more Appetizer and Lite Bite Recipes from The Jam Jar Kitchen!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail Meatballs
- Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot with lid (or slow cooker)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Bourbon I recommend Clyde May's or Four Roses, but your preferred bourbon will work
- 1 cup cranberry sauce or jam, whole berry I recommend Preserve International
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic chile sauce
- 1-2 26 oz bags Swedish style frozen meatballs
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a dutch oven and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and then add the meatballs. Cover with a lid and then simmer on low for about 40 minutes until meatballs are heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note* The above links are considered as â€œaffiliate linksâ€. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.