Now tell me, who doesn’t love a sheet pan dinner? This super simple and delicious recipe only about 10 minutes to throw together and then the oven does the rest of the work, leaving you plenty of time to, you know, get the rest of your chores done.
This is a version of a recipe that I’ve been making for years altered to fit a 2B Mindset/Paleo lifestyle and it is honestly one of my families favorite dinners. Roasted Brussel sprouts, carrots, butternut squash, apples and onions pair perfectly with a sweet maple and mustard marinade and juicy pork brats.
Try this recipe once and I can guarantee you will be adding it to your fall weeknight dinner rotation!
Sheet Pan Brats & Fall Veggies
- 5 Bratwurst sausages I recommend Johnsonville brats or another higher fat content sausage. I tried this recipe with a lower fat brat and it did come out dry so keep that in mind when selecting your sausages.
- 1 12 oz can beer
- 2-3 cups brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 2 cups carrots, slice to about 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup Can substitute brown sugar in a pinch
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place brats in a sauce pan with 1 can of beer. Add just enough water to cover. And bring to a boil over high heat. Once a rolling boil has been reach, set the timer for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- While the brats are cooking, combine all vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small to medium size mixing bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup (or brown sugar), mustards, salt, pepper and thyme and whisk together.
- Pour mixture over the veggies and stir until well combined.
- Pour vegetables on a large sheet pan and arrange brats over them. Bake at 400 degrees F for around 45 minutes, turning the brats about half way through, until the veggies are tender and the brats are cooked through.
- Remove from over, serve hot and enjoy!