Call me crazy but I honestly have very little need for a turkey at Thanksgiving. Sure it looks great in the center of the table and I do love me some post-Thanksgiving turkey, cranberry and stuffing sandwiches but appetizers and sides are definitely my favorite parts of the holidays.
These little phyllo tarts are the perfect pre dinner appetizer (or anytime snack) for all your holiday meals. Creamy brie pairs perfectly with tart, spiced cranberry sauce (I recommend Preserve International’s) on a crispy shell with a single thyme leaf for a little herbaceous pizazz. Plus, when social distancing measures are lifted you can easily double, triple or even quadruple this recipe to feed a crowd. So easy, so delicious and so festive. You’ll definitely want to add these to your holiday lineup.
If you live in the DFW or OKC area, you can purchase my homemade cranberry sauce through Preserve International. 100% of the proceeds from every jar purchased go towards Preserve International’s programs empowering women small scale farmers to fight hunger in their communities through innovative food preservation technology and training. Click button below to purchase and learn more about Preserve International’s programs.
Brie & Cranberry Phyllo Mini Tarts
- Mini Muffin Tin
- 1 1.9 oz package Athens Phyllo shells
- 7.5 tsp brie
- 7.5 tsp cranberry sauce I recommend Preserve International
- nonstick spray
- fresh thyme leaves optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F
- Spray you muffin tin with non stick cooking spray and place one shell in each muffin hole.
- Add approximately 1/2 tsp of brie to each phyllo tart.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for about 8 minutes, the brie should be melty.
- Remove from oven and place about 1/2 tsp of cranberry sauce on each tart.
- Put back in the oven and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until phyllo edges are golden and crisp.
- Remove from the oven, if desired top with 1-2 leaves of fresh thyme. Enjoy!
*Note* The above links are considered as “affiliate links”. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.