These simple crostinis make a fabulous holiday appetizer that all your guests are sure to enjoy. So easy to put together, this recipe can easily be made to suit a small gathering or double, tripled or even quadrupled to feed a crowd.
When you are in need of a simple, delicious appetizer that is sure to please any crowd you can never go wrong with a crostini! And this recipe using Preserve International Balsamic Fig Jam, Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and fresh Basil is one of my very favorites!
So fresh and with some truly delicious and complex flavors this recipe can be parred down for a small gathering or easily doubled, tripled or quadrupled to feed a crowd. While I love using Preserve International's Balsamic Fig Jam (linked below), you can always plain fig jam from any of your favorite brands. A perfect recipe for all of your holiday menus. Give it a try and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
More appetizer recipes you will love!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Goat Cheese & Balsamic Fig Jam Crostini with Prosciutto
- 1 large baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz package of goats cheese
- 1 jar Balsamic fig jam (plain fig jam will also work great) I recommend Preserve International's Blasmic & Black Peppercorn Fig Jam (linked above)
- 8-10 proscuitto slices, cut in half
- fresh Basil leaves
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Using a pastry brush to lightly brush both sides of your baguette slices with olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Bake for 6-8 minutes until slightly golden and crisp (not crunchy).
- Take the crostinis out of the oven and allow to cool.
- On top of each crostini, spread on .5 to 1 tsp of goats cheese and then .5 - 1 tsp of Balsamic fig jam. Then add 1 half slice of proscuiti rolled or folded over to fit and 1-2 basil leaves.
- Finish off with freshly ground black pepper and enjoy!
*Note* The above links are considered as â€œaffiliate linksâ€. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.