A couple of weeks ago Carrington Farms Organic Natural Foods reached out to me to see if I would be interested in trying out some of their products. I of course said YES and was thrilled to receive a box with some fantastic items ranging from gluten free parmesan croutons to a fabulous avocado and coconut cooking oil and, as featured in this recipe, some high quality matcha powder.
I’ve actually not done a lot of cooking with matcha but have always loved the earthy, rich tones of the green tea powder. After thinking about how I wanted to use it (other than in some fabulous Matcha lattes) I decided that the flavor would work beautifully in a simple, no-bake cheesecake with a graham cracker & white chocolate crust and topped with Mango Jam. And I have to tell you, it is GOOD. These mini matcha no-bake cheesecakes are constructed in 4 oz mason jars that you can eat right out of. They are a great option for a 2020 Friendsgiving when you want something a little different that’s already in individual servings. They are make a great gift for friends and neighbors and look super cute with a lid and simple ribbon tied around them.
If you’re in the DFW or OKC areas I definitely recommend trying Preserve International’s Mango Jam (linked below) for this recipe, but Raspberry Jam would also work beautiful or another tart preserve.
Give these adorable little cheesecakes a try and let me know what you think!
Mini No-Bake Matcha Cheesecakes
- 5 4oz mason jars, or other small custard jar
- handheld mixer or stand mixer (or a whisk and a strong arm)
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 block), softened
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp matcha powder I recommend Carrington Farms
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 5-8 tsp mango jam raspberry jam would also work well
- Melt 1/5 tbsp of butter. Mix in graham cracker crumbs and white chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Roughly measure about 1.5 tbsp of crust in 5 4oz mason jars (until graham mixture is used up). Press the crust into the bottom of the mason jars and the pop in the fridge to firm up while you make the filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixture, whip 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, matcha powder, lemon juice, vanilla extract and a tiny pinch of salt. Whip the mixture together until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth with no lumps of cream cheese. If using an electric mixer this will take about 3 minutes on medium. If mixing by hand simply whip until there are no more lumps.
- Pour the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and fold together until well combine with no streaks.
- Take the jars out of the fridge and divide the mixture equally between the 5 jars.
- Top with 1 – 1.5 tsp of Mango Jam (or other topping of choice) and put back in the fridge to firm up for and hour to 2. Enjoy!
*Note* The above links are considered as “affiliate links”. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.