This Greek Cucumber Salad is a delicious, refreshing and healthy side dish perfect for summer!
It also is naturally low carb, Paleo and Whole30 compatible and is perfect for those following the 2B Mindset program!
This Greek Cucumber Salad is the perfect summer side dish. It's fresh and cooling and takes almost no time to put together. Plus it packs a huge punch of flavor.
I love serving it with grilled meats or using as topping for my Greek Grilled Chicken Gyros.
This is definitely a recipe you'll be making all season!
More salad recipes you will love.
- Cutting board and knife
- Mason jar with lid (optional): For making the dressing. You can also just whisk it together in a bowl.
For the dressing.
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Red wine vinegar: You can substitute white wine vinegar in a pinch.
- Fresh dill
- Fresh mint
- Salt & pepper
For the salad.
- English cucumber: I definitely recommend using an English, of hot house cucumber, for this recipe. The larger ones have a higher liquid content and more seeds and just don't work as well. Mini Persian cucumbers are also a great option.
- Cherry tomatoes: The sweeter the better!
- Red onion
- Kalamata olives: Get pitted olives to make life easier.
Dietary & Allergy Information
This Greek Cucumber Salad is a great option for summer get togethers because it suits a variety of dietary needs.
It is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and there is no refined sugar. It is Whole30 and Paleo compatible.
This is definitely a veggie forward recipe and works great for the Veggies Most 2B Mindset mentality.
This side dish works well with a variety of mains, particularly grilled meats.
I love serving it as a topping on Grilled Chicken Gyros and with Kabobs!
Check your seasoning. This is a fairly easy recipe to get right! The main thing to remember is to taste you food and season it according to preference.
If you try the salad and something doesn't seem right, it most likely needs a little more salt. Add a pinch, try again and see what you think!
More recipes you will love.
Made this Greek Cucumber Salad recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Greek Cucumber Salad
- mixing bowl
- Chopping board & Knife
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 English cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 5-10 oz cherry tomatoes, quartered I prefer less tomatoes, add more if you are a tomato lover!
- ½ medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olive, cut in half
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined. (You can also add them to a jar, put a lid on it and shake until well combined).
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir until well coated.
- Serve immediately or allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Enjoy!