This fun and patriotic mocktail is perfect for 4th of July! Using naturally red, white and blue ingredients, there are no artificial colors or dyes in this recipe, making it a drink you can feel great about serving to your family!
Every 4th of July my extended family gathers together at Lake Texoma for some good old fashioned summer fun!
Each family takes a turn cooking a meal for the group and we always try to incorporate some themed options for everyone to enjoy!
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of using artificial coloring and food dyes. Luckily there are a plethora of red, white and blue foods in the natural world to choose from.
This delicious sparkling mocktail is a great celebratory option for those under 21 or who don't drink alcohol for one reason or another. It's a little sweet, tart with fresh fruit flavor that is sure to cool you down on a hot summer day.
Hope you enjoy and happy 4th of July!
What is a mocktail?
A mocktail is basically a cocktail without the liquor.
Mocktails combine a delicious variety of sodas, juices, infused water and mix ins for a non-alcoholic drink that will have you saying "Cheers!"
- Pitcher or punch bowl: I love this Household Essentials cocktail pitcher with a stir stick that can also be used for muddling.
- Muddler and/or stir stick
- Glasses for serving
- Fresh mint leaves
- Simple syrup
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Club soda or Seltzer water: Topo Chico also works.
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries
Step by Step Instructions
- Add mint leaves to the bottom of a pitcher. Use a muddler or stir stick to muddle a few times to release the aroma and flavor.
- Add in honey, simple syrup, lemon juice and lime juice. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Top off with club soda then add blueberries and quartered strawberries. Stir to combine.
- Serve in glass filled with ice. Top with a few extra blueberry and strawberry pieces. Enjoy!
Can I double or triple this recipe?
By all means yes! This is a great recipe to serve to a crowd. Simply multiply the ingredient measurements by how much you'd like to make and serve.
Can I make this "mocktail" into a "cocktail"?
You certainly can! Simply add the vodka, gin or rum of your choice!
Check out other 4th of July Recipes from The Jam Jar Kitchen!
4th of July Mocktail
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup simple syrup, 1:1 If using 2:1 simple syrup cut amount in half (this means 2 parts sugar to 1 part water)
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 cups Club soda or Seltzer water Topo Chico also works
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries quartered
- Muddle the mint leaves in the bottom of a serving pitcher to release flavor and aroma. Add honey, simple syrup, lemon juice and lime juice. Stir until well incorporated. Add club soda and stir. Add blueberries and strawberries.
- Serve in glass filled with ice and garnish with fresh blueberries and strawberries. Enjoy!
This looks super refreshing. A great way to celebrate without having to have alcohol.
I am all about mocktails right now! This one looks so festive and fun! Definitely saving it for the summer.
Sisley White - Sew White
It's such a bright and colourful drink which tastes so good too. Really refreshing and perfect for a warm day.
I don't drink alcohol, so I really appreciate a recipe like this. I think this is something fun and tasty you can make any time of the year!
This mocktail was so good and refreshing!
This was amazing and such a treat! Thank you!