These Halloween Hot Dog Spiders are a perfect spooky bite for kids and adults alike! Only 3 ingredients, these hot dog crescent rolls are sure to be a hit at your next Halloween gathering!
I am big fan of themed food and no holiday does it better than Halloween! While most of the focus is typically on the sweet stuff, these festive and delicious Halloween Hot Dog Spiders make the perfect snack, appetizer or meal for your spooky celebrations. My children (and husband) gobble these up so make sure to make enough for your crew! Enjoy!
Other Halloween recipes you will love.
- Baking sheet: These Caphalon Baking Sheets are great!
- Cutting board and knife
- Hot dogs: I highly recommend Applegate hot dogs.
- Crescent roll dough: I highly recommend Annie's Crescent Rolls.
- Capers: These are for the spider eyes. You could also use little pieces of olives or even poppy seeds.
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 20 minutes.
How to make Halloween Hot Dog Spiders:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Drain capers and set on a paper towel to absorb an excess moisture.
- Cut the ends off of the hot dogs. Then cut hot dogs in half crosswise. Keeping the middle intact, make three slices on both ends of the hot dog to create 4 "spider legs".
Each hot dog will make 2 spiders.
- Remove crescent roll dough and cut into strips about 1 inch wide and 2-3 inches long. Wrap dough around hot dogs and pinching to seal. Place seem side down and press on two caper "eyes".
- Space hot dog spiders out on a baker sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
You can use parchment paper on the baking sheet if desired.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Other recipes for you to enjoy.
Made these spooky Halloween hot dog spiders? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Halloween Hot Dog Spiders
- Baking Sheet
- Cutting board & knife
- 12 hot dogs (2 packs) I recommend Applegate hot dogs
- 1 8 oz can refrigerated crescent rolls I recommend Annie's crescent rolls
- 1 jar capers You'll need about 48 capers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Drain the capers and set aside on a paper towel to remove excess moisture. (optional) Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut off the ends of the hot dogs. Then cut hot dogs in half crosswise. (each hot dog will make 2 "spiders")Keeping the middle intact, make 3 slits on both ends of the hot dogs so that there are 4 "spider legs" per side. (see above for photo)
- Once the hot dogs have been cut, take out the crescent rolls. Cut into strips about 1 inch wide and 2-3 inches long. Wrap one piece of dough around the middle of each hot dog piece, pinching to seal. Place on the baking sheet seam side down then press on 2 capers as "eyes".
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!