These adorably festive Halloween spider pizzas are so simple to make and taste absolutely delicious! They are perfect for a spooky gathering or lunch!
These adorable mini spider pizzas are perfect for your Halloween celebrations! With just a few simple ingredients they are vegetarian and fabulous served with a side of marinara for dipping.
What makes these spider pizzas so delicious?
I've seen several versions of Halloween pizzas over the years, many of which use English muffins as a base. I wanted to mix things up with a thin crust version that is easy to make, easy to eat and is perfect dipped in a little marinara sauce.
More Halloween recipes you will love.
For this recipe you will need a baking sheet or pizza stone, a cutting board and a sharp knife.
You will also need a ring mold or small bowl to trace your cut out circles.
- Pre-baked pizza crust: I recommend using a thin crust pizza crust such as Golden Home Ultra Thin Pizza Crust. You want to get one that doesn't have a pronounced crust so that you can get more circles out of every piece.
- Pizza Sauce: My favorite is Raos Homemade Pizza Sauce but you can use any of your favorite brands or homemade versions.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Canned black olive, whole and pitted
Step by Step Photos
I recommend serving these with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. They are also delicious served with ranch dressing.
This recipe works great as a snack, appetizer, lunch or even dinner for any festive Halloween gathering.
You can but you may need more then two crusts to get the same amount of pizzas and you'll need to adjust the cooking time by a couple minutes.
You definitely can and it actually may make the spider look a bit cleaner. I personally prefer the flavor and texture of the cooked olives but you can totally wait and add at the end.
Absolutely! This is a great party recipe and you can make as many as you need for your guests. Simply increase the amount of ingredients by how many servings you need and follow the instructions as written.
I highly recommend it as it will result in a crispier crust and a more evenly cooked pizza.
More recipes to enjoy.
Made this mini spider pizza recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Mini Spider Pizzas
- large baking sheet or pizza stone depending on the size you may need 2 baking sheets
- 2 large ultra thin pizza crusts
- ½ cup marinara sauce You can use more or less according to personal preference
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese You can use more or less according to personal preference
- whole, pitted black olives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven to preheat along with the oven. *This will ensure an extra crispy crust.*
- Use a 2-3 inch cookie or biscuit cutter and a sharp knife to carefully trace and cut 14 circles out of 2 ultra thin pizza crusts. Then spoon a little sauce on each of the pizzas and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Make the spiders by slicing a whole black olive in half then cut 4 slices into each half as legs. Cut another olive in half and use for the head. *See pictures above as a guide.*Arrange your olive spiders on top of the pizzas. Then carefully place the pizzas on the preheated baking sheet or pizza stone. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 6-8 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy!