This Sweet & Spicy Skeleton Bone Appetizer is the perfect Halloween snack or starter for all of your spooky celebrations! Just 3 simple ingredients turn a classic Southern recipe into the perfect seasonal appetizer!
Not only is this recipe insanely delicious, but it is almost too easy to throw together! Simply shape your cream cheese into a Halloween skeleton bone, top with Jalapeño Pepper Jelly "guts" and then serve with crackers.
I promise you will be surprised how quickly your guests will gobble this one up!
Use your favorite store bought pepper jelly or make your own homemade Jalapeño Pepper Jelly! You can even give extra jars away as gifts. If, of course, you can stand to see them go. 😉
Other Halloween recipes you will love.
- Knife and cutting board
- Serving tray
- Jalapeno Pepper Jelly: You can use your favorite store bought brand or make my absolute favorite Jalapeno Pepper Jelly recipe. It adds a few extra steps but I promise it's worth it. Or if you're in the DFW area check out Preserve International's Jalapeno Pepper Jelly.
- Cream cheese: I highly recommend using full fat cream cheese. It has better flavor and texture.
- Crackers: Your favorite serving crackers will work!
Purchase Preserve International jelly and support a great cause this Halloween season!
If you are in the Dallas-Fort Worth area check out Preserve International for fantastic handmade jams, jellies, pickles and preserves.
100% of the proceeds from every jar sold goes towards empowering women small-scale farmers through innovative food preservation programs.
Purchase a jar of Preserve International Jalapeno Pepper Jelly today!
Yes you can. You will just have to do a little more molding. I recommend forming the bone and then letting it cool for a bit. Then take it out of the fridge and touch it up before serving.
You certainly can. I like the look (and taste) of the Jalapeno Pepper Jelly because it gives it a spooky look. But you could use any of your favorite preserves or jellies for this recipe.
Other spooky recipes to serve this Halloween.
Made this Sweet & Spicy Skeleton Bone Appetizer? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Sweet & Spicy Skeleton Bone Appetizer
- Knife and cutting board
- 8 oz block of cream cheese I recommend full fat
- ½ cup Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- Take a cold block of cream cheese out of the fridge and place on a cutting board. Use a knife to cut a bone shape out of the block. Then use your hands to mold some of the cuttings back onto the block to form the bone. Carefully use a butter knife to scrape the cream cheese bone off the cutting board and onto the serving platter. (If you feel the cream cheese has gotten too soft to move in one piece place it back in the fridge to firm up before transferring). Pour the Jalapeno Pepper Jelly over the cream cheese bone and serve with crackers and a knife. Allow your guests to help themselves. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!