This scarily delicious Bloody Tonic is this perfect spooky Halloween cocktail for all your fright-tastic Fall get togethers! Made with gin, amaretto, lime juice, Indian tonic and black cherry juice concentrate "blood" you will be making this delightful drink all season long!
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE spooky season? Halloween is one of the best times of the year here in Texas. Not only because of how much we (and moreso our amazing neighbors which I'll have to post a pic of their house soon) get into it, but because we FINALLY get a break from the insane late summer heat. And that my friends, is the real magic of the season.
Every year some of my close friends and their kiddos come over to the house for a fun Halloween dinner and to trick or treat. And while I love making kid friendly snacks and sweets there are always some adult only recipes to add a little extra fun to the evening.
These spooky and delicious Bloody Tonic Cocktails are the perfect spooky Halloween treat! You can mix up the gin, amaretto and lime in a big picture and then top off individually with tonic and the cherry "blood" for added effect. Be sure to enjoy responsibly!
Fitch & Leedes Premium Indian Tonic
I have been using Fitch & Leedes bespoke mixers for a long time. Tonic is one of those mixers where quality really does matter and they don't get much better than Fitch & Leedes classic Indian Tonic. I will never go back to those big plastic bottles of tonic again!
If you're interested in trying out some of my favorite mixers you can check out the Fitch & Leedes website.
Other spooky Halloween recipes you will love.
- Cocktail shaker or Jar with a lid
- Gin: I love using Tanqueray gin but your favorite brand will work.
- Amaretto: My favorite brand of Amaretto is Disaronno and I do think it makes a difference in flavor. But whatever brand you have on hand works!
- Lime juice
- Black Cherry Concentrate: Make sure you get the juice concentrate rather than syrup. My favorite brand is Lakewood Organic Black Cherry Juice Concentrate. It's a bit expensive to order on Amazon (as linked) but you can find it pretty easily at your local Sprouts or Whole Foods.
- Premium Indian Tonic Water: Quality makes a big difference when it comes to tonic water. I highly recommend Fitch & Leedes Premium Indian Tonic.
Made this Bloody Tonic Cocktail recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
The Bloody Tonic Cocktail
- Cocktail shaker (or jar with lid)
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz amaretto
- ½ lime
- Premium Indian tonic
- black cherry juice concentrate
- Pour gin, amaretto and lime juice in a shaker or jar with lid. Shake until well combined. Place a few ice cubes in 2 glass and divide the gin mixture evenly between the two glasses. Top each glass up with tonic water, leaving a little room at the top. Pour in 1-2 tbsp of cherry juice concentrate "blood". Serve and enjoy responsibly!