This Salmon and Crème Fraîche Pasta is a simple and oh-so-delicious kid friendly recipe that works great for lunch or dinner!
Now tell me, who doesn't love an easy and delicious pasta recipe?
This Salmon and Creme Fraiche Pasta is as simple as it comes and SO delicious. Because it can be enjoyed both hot or cold it makes a great dinner or packed lunch for work or school. It can easily be doubled or even tripled to feed a crowd. Perfect any time of the year!
More seafood recipes you will love.
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large pot
- Salmon fillets
- Salt & pepper
- Bowtie pasta
- Frozen peas (optional)
- Fresh chives
- Creme Fraiche
Why choose Kvarøy Arctic salmon?
Kvarøy Arctic salmon is a family owned company that produces sustainably reared salmon on the Kvarøy Island in Norway.
Kvarøy Arctic is leading the way in fish farming sustainability by implementing innovative strategies for producing healthier, more nutrient dense fish without the use of antibiotics or other potentially harmful practices. With double the Omegas of other salmon, Kvarøy has been verified and certified in the highest ratings for fish health, nutrition and environmental sustainability.
The salmon usually takes between 12-14 minutes in the oven. You'll know it's done when it easily flakes.
Yes, you definitely can! I like using bowtie but any short pasta, or even long pasta, would work for this recipe.
The most common substitution for creme fraiche is full fat sour cream. It won't have the same flavor and texture but a high quality sour cream would still work well for this recipe.
Tips & Tricks
- Do not overcook the pasta. No one likes mushy pasta. Be sure to cook until just al dente which may be a minute or two less than the package instructions depending on the pasta brand.
- Salt the pasta water. Not only does this flavor the pasta as it cooks, but also adds salt to the dish when you mix in the pasta water later.
- Do not throw out the pasta water. Save about a cup of pasta water to mix in with the creme fraiche sauce.
- Season, season, season. If you feel like the dish is missing something it is most likely seasoning. Add a little salt, pepper and/or lemon juice and taste again.
Made this Salmon and Crème Fraîche Pasta recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Salmon and Crème Fraîche Pasta
- Baking Sheet
- Large pot
- ½ - ¾ lb salmon fillet
- 3 tbsp salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2-3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup creme fraiche
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray or brush a little olive oil on a baking sheet.Take salmon fillet out of the fridge and pat dry with a paper towel.Arrange salmon skin side down on the prepared baking sheet.In a small mixing bowl combine softened butter, parsley, lemon zest and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.Spread the butter mixture evenly on top fo the salmon. Then bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 12-14 minutes until flaking.Remove from the oven and separate the salmon flesh from the skin. Set aside until it's time to mix into the pasta.
- While the salmon is baking fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook to just before al dente or about 1-2 minutes less than package instructions. Add in the frozen peas and boil for another 1-2 minutes until pasta is tender and peas are warmed through. Reserve about a cup of the pasta water and then drain pasta and peas into a colander. Pour the drained pasta and peas back into the warm pot and place on the warm (but still turned off) burner. Add in creme fraiche, lemon zest and juice, chives, butter and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine, adding a splash of pasta water to bring the sauce together. Add the salmon flesh (no skins) to the pasta and mix to combine. Taste and add additional salt, pepper and lemon juice according to preference. Enjoy!