These elegant yet simple Puff Pastry Tomato Tarts use only six ingredients and are as delicious as they are beautiful.
For the best flavor be sure to use Pure Flavor® Bumbles® Yellow Grape Tomatoes, the perfect burst of sweetness and color.
We all need a few of those go to recipes that come together easily and are sure to impress. And these puff pastry tomato tarts most certainly fit that bill!
Using pre-made puff pastry with fresh ingredients these delicious tarts make the perfect breakfast, brunch, lunch or snack. And they are fantastic to serve to guests!
For the best results be sure to purchase the highest quality ingredients such as Pure Flavor's Bumbles® Yellow Grape Tomatoes.
Why choose Pure Flavor?
By now I'm sure y'all know I am a big fan of Pure Flavor® produce, and these sweet and delicious Bumbles® Yellow Grape Tomatoes are no exception. In addition to tasting great, they are committed to ensuring the highest quality greenhouse grown produce. Pure Flavor treats their growers, employees and customers with the upmost respect, which is something I can really get behind.
These beautiful yellow tomatoes are great for snacking and add the perfect pop of color and flavor to any dish!
Learn more at www.pureflavor.com.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry brush
- 1 dry pint Pure Flavor® Bumbles® Yellow Grape Tomatoes, washed and dried
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 oz garlic and herb goat cheese
- 1 egg
- Fresh thyme
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Time needed: 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry and cut into 6 equal pieces.
Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to score a ½ inch border around the outside of the tart.
- Add a few tsp's of herbed goat cheese to the center of each tart. Then top with a few baby tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 egg with a splash of water. Use a pastry brush to paint the outside border of the tarts with the egg wash.
- Bake the tarts at 425 degrees F for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with shaved parmesan, fresh thyme, flaky sea salt and black pepper. Enjoy!
Any type of pre-made or homemade puff pastry will work. I have used both Pepperidge Farm frozen and Wewalka refrigerated puff pastry and both turned out great.
Yes. I love using Purer Flavor's Bumbles tomatoes but they also have snacking tomatoes in a variety of colors that would work well for this recipe.
If you can't find garlic and herb goat cheese you can season plain goat cheese with some freshly crushed garlic and Italian seasoning.
More recipes you will love.
Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Dates
Made these Puff Pastry Tomato Tarts? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Puff Pastry Tomato Tarts
- parchment lined baking sheet
- pastry brush
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes I recommend Pure Flavor Bumbles Yellow Grape Tomatoes
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed until pliable
- 4 oz garlic and herb goat cheese
- 1 egg
- fresh thyme
- flaky sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unfold the thawed puff pastry and roll it flat on a floured surface. Slice the puff pastry in half horizontally then cut each half into three equal rectangles. (You will have 6 pieces in total.)
- Transfer the uff pastry pieces to a parchment lined baking sheet. Then use a sharp knife to score a ½ inch border around the outside of each puff pastry tart. *Be sure not to cut all the way through.*Add a couple teaspoons of goat cheese to the center of each tart. Then place a few tomatoes on top of the goat cheese.
- In a small bowl combine 1 egg with a splash of water and whisk until frothy. Then use a pastry brush to paint a little of the egg wash around the border of each tart. Place the tarts in the oven and bake at 425 degrees F for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.Remove from the oven and top with shaved parmesan, fresh thyme, flaky sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Enjoy!
What a great addition to the brunch menu. These would also make awesome appetizers at any party. I love working with puff pastry.
These Puff Pastry Tomato Tarts looks so delish!!! Can't wait to have them.:) I'm excited to try the yellow grape tomatoes in it. Thanks!:)
Puff pastry is such a joy to work with and these tarts are stunning. They were so easy to make and the perfect lunch treat for my husband and I.
These are SO delicious! I made them for brunch and will definitely be making them again!
These are so lovely and easy to make too. Delicious!
These tarts are so amazing! The goat cheese and roasted tomato combo is the best.