These fresh and flavorful Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Noodle Bowls are the perfect quick weeknight meal for summer!
Featuring crisp and delicious Pure Flavor Poco Bites® Cocktail Cucumbers, this is a bright and light dinner that the whole family will love.
When the weather starts warming up I am always on the hunt for fresh and delicious recipes that beat the heat. And these Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Noodle Bowls are the perfect hot weather dinner!
For the best results be sure to purchase high quality ingredients such as Pure Flavor’s Poco Bites® Cocktail Cucumbers.
Why choose Pure Flavor?
By now I'm sure y'all know I am a big fan of Pure Flavor® produce, and these sweet and delicious Poco Bites® Cocktail Cucumbers are no exception. In addition to tasting great, they are committed to ensuring the highest quality greenhouse grown produce. Pure Flavor treats their growers, employees and customers with the upmost respect, which is something I can really get behind.
These beautifully crisp and delicious cocktail cucumbers are great for snacking and work perfectly in this noodle bowl recipe!
Learn more at www.pureflavor.com.
For this recipe you will need mixing bowls, a whisk and a cast iron skillet or griddle.
- Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Poco Bites® Cocktail Cucumbers, sliced
- Fresh lime juice
- Fish sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Chili garlic sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Fresh ginger
- Toasted sesame oil
- Vegetable oil or olive oil
- Vermicelli rice noodles (cook according to package instructions)
- Fresh herbs: Thai basil, Mint and Cilantro
- Shredded lettuce
- Bean sprouts
- Matchstick carrots
- Crushed peanuts
I highly recommend using raw shrimp for this recipe. Both the marinade and the searing give these noodle bowls fantastic flavor and texture that you won’t get from using precooked shrimp.
These noodle bowls have a decent kick but won’t blow your head off. Feel free to adjust the amount of chili garlic sauce to suit your preferred heat level.
I recommend following the package instructions and cooking to al dente. For the vermicelli I used I brought a pot of water to a rolling boil, added the noodles then immediately turned the heat to low and cooked on a simmer for 5 minutes. Then I drained them and rinsed with cold water.
Thai basil works beautifully in this recipe but feel free to substitute with regular basil if you can’t find any.
More Pure Flavor recipes for you to try.
Grilled Pepper & Mozzarella Sandwiches
Made these Spicy Shrimp and Noodle Bowls? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Spicy Shrimp and Noodle Bowls
- Mixing bowls
- Cast iron skillet or searing pan
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil can substitute olive oil
- 8 oz vermicelli rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup cocktail cucumbers, sliced
- shredded lettuce
- matchstick carrots
- bean sprouts
- crushed peanuts
- Fresh Thai basil
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Fresh mint, chopped
- Lime wedges
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chili garlic sauce, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. In a separate bowl combine raw shrimp and 3-4 tbsp of the sauce. Marinate for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the noodles and vegetables.
- While the shrimp is marinating prepare vermicelli noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water then set aside. Then wash the vegetables, slice the cucumbers, shred the lettuce, cut the carrots and chop the herbs.
- Drizzle oil into a cast iron skillet and heat on high until shimmering. Shaking off any excess liquid, place the shrimp in the hot pan in a single layer. Cook undisturbed over high heat for 1-2 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove from the pan to a plate and set aside.
- Assemble by arranging lettuce, noodles, carrots and bean sprouts in a shallow bowl. Then top with seared shrimp, cucumber slices and chopped herbs. Drizzle with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with crushed peanuts if desired. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply