These fluffy dairy free pancakes utilize oat milk for a delicious lactose free breakfast the whole family can enjoy!
Who doesn't love fluffy, delicious pancakes that come together in less than 15 minutes? And now with this recipe for dairy free, vegan pancakes anyone can enjoy a fabulous breakfast any time of the day or night.
These pancakes replace the traditional milk with oat milk and honestly you cannot tell a difference in flavor or texture. Simply cook them in a little olive or coconut oil and serve with real maple syrup and fresh fruit. Enjoy!
More breakfast recipes you will love.
- Mixing bowls: These are my favorite glass mixing bowls. I use them daily.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Griddle pan or electric griddle: I love this Presto electric griddle.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Oat milk: I recommend using Oatsome from Better Body Foods. Oatly also works great. You just need regular oat milk for this recipe, it's not necessary to use the barista blends.
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable or coconut oil
My favorite way to serve these pancakes are topped with pure maple syrup and fresh berries.
If you want to take a savory direction they are also delicious topped with dairy free cream cheese, smoked salmon, capers, red onion and lemon slices.
Absolutely, almond milk or cashew milk both work great in this recipe.
Yes, these pancakes freeze really well. Simply cook them according the instructions the cool and place in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer.
Once they are frozen solid you can place them in a ziplock freezer bag and keep in the freezer until you're ready to use.
To reheat the pancakes you can simply microwave them for about 20 seconds for 1 pancake, or 50 seconds for a stack of 4-5.
More dairy free recipes you will love.
Made these dairy free pancakes? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Dairy Free Pancakes
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- griddle pan
- 1.5 cups oat milk I recommend using organic. I like the Oatsome brand.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- oil for greasing the pan I like using an organic olive oil spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine oat milk, egg, vanilla extract and oil. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and whisk together until combine, being careful not to over mix.
- Preheat a griddle pan or electric griddle over medium high heat and spray with a little oil. *Make sure the griddle is hot before adding the pancake batter.*Then pour ¼th cup of batter per pancake onto the hot griddle and cook over medium high heat for about 2 minutes on the first side or until bubbles form on the top of the pancake. Then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve pancakes warm with maple syrup, fresh fruit or other desired toppings. Enjoy!