These adorable cucumber Christmas tree skewers are the perfect festive snack or appetizer for the holiday season! For the best flavor be sure to use crisp and refreshing Pure Flavor® Mini Cucumbers.
During the holiday season I am always on the hunt for fun and festive recipes that are easy to make, healthy and that my kids will love. These Christmas Tree Cucumber Skewers are just the ticket!
I love using pepperoni (my kids’ favorite) but for a vegetarian option but you substitute half a cherry tomato for the base. Hope you enjoy and happy holidays!
Why Choose Pure Flavor® Mini Cucumbers?
By now I'm sure y'all know I am a big fan of Pure Flavor® produce, and these crisp and delicious Mini Cucumbers are no exception. In addition to tasting great, they are committed to ensuring the highest quality greenhouse grown produce. Pure Flavor treats their growers, employees and customers with the upmost respect, which is something I can really get behind.
These crisp and refreshing cucumbers are not only great for snacking but perfect for this festive holiday snack recipe. Enjoy!
Learn more at www.pureflavor.com.
- Cutting board and sharp knife or a Mandolin
- Star cutter: I have this set of vegetable cutters and the star works perfectly for this recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Cucumbers: I highly recommend using Pure Flavor® Mini Cucumbers. Not only are they the perfect size for this recipe they are so crisp and delicious.
- Traditional pepperoni stick
- Cheddar cheese: I love using a sharp white cheddar for this recipe but you can use your favorite variety.
- Salt: Sprinkling a little salt on the cucumber slices before making the skewers adds flavor and makes them pliable.
I wouldn’t recommend make this recipe more than a few hours in advance as the cucumbers can start to get soggy if left overnight.
Salting the cucumber makes it more pliable and thus easier to fold into the Christmas tree shape without breaking. Be sure not to skip this step or the cucumbers could snap during assembly.
I recommend using a sharp white cheddar but you can really use any block of cheese that cuts easily.
To make this recipe vegetarian simply substitute a carrot slice or halved cherry tomato for the pepperoni.
More recipes you will love.
Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Dates
Made these Cucumber Christmas Tree Skewers? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Cucumber Christmas Tree Skewers
- mandolin or sharp knife
- star cutter
- 3 mini cucumbers I recommend Pure Flavor
- Sharp white cheddar cheese cut into ⅓rd inch slices
- 4 oz traditional stick of pepperoni
- Use a sharp knife or mandolin to carefully cut for cucumbers into ¼th inch slices. Lay the slices flat and sprinkle each piece with a little salt to extract extra moisture.
- Slice pepperoni into ⅓rd to ½ inch slices and set aside. Then use a star cutter to cut out 12 cheese stars.
- Once the salted cucumbers have set out for at least 5 minutes use a paper towel to dab off the excess moisture.
- 1. Assemble the Christmas trees by gently folding the cucumbers into a pine tree shape. Then insert a toothpick through the middle, threading it from top to bottom. Skewer a pepperoni slice on the“bottom” of the tree, then top with a cheese star. Repeat the process until you have 12 “trees”. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply