This delicious Peanut Butter Banana Bread utilizes peanut butter powder for a surprisingly light and moist crumb.
I've tried making peanut butter banana bread a couple of times before. But each time I found that, while the peanut butter flavor was pretty good, the texture was a bit stodgy. Enter... peanut butter powder. With all the fantastic peanut butter flavor you want but without the dense pasty quality, peanut butter powder works perfectly in this recipe. Not to mention the fact that is has about a third of the calories and a decent amount of protein.
This delicious peanut butter banana bread makes a great breakfast, snack or even dessert. I hope your family love it as much as we do!
What is peanut butter powder?
Peanut butter powder is made from roasted peanuts that have been pressed to remove most of the oil from them and then ground into a powder. Some brands, including the one I recommend PBFit Original Peanut Butter Powder, have a little sugar added. Although you can totally use sugar free peanut butter powder if you prefer.
If you order directly off the PBFit website you can use my code "JAMJAR15" for 15% off.
More baking recipes you will love.
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Parchment lined bread pan
- All-purpose flour
- Peanut butter powder: Peanut butter powder is what gives this recipe it's great peanut butter flavor without the stodgy quality of using fresh peanut butter. I recommend using PBFit and if you use my code "JAMJAR15" you can get 15% off.
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter: I recommend Kerrygold Butter.
- Light brown sugar
- Sour cream: I recommend using full fat.
- Vanilla extract
- Ripe bananas
Unfortunately no. Regular peanut butter results in a high dense, stodgy crumb and ultimately not very enjoyable. Peanut butter powder on the other hand gives a bit punch of peanut butter flavor without weighing down the bread.
The easiest way to tell if the bread is finished cooking is to insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean then the bread is done baking. If there's wet batter stuck to it then it needs a little longer in the oven.
Made this Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup peanut butter powder I recommend PBFit Original Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed about 1.5 cups
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium size mixing bowl combine flour, peanut butter powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt. Stir until combined. In a separate large mixing bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Whisk until well combined. Then add eggs and whisk together before adding sour cream, vanilla extract and mashed bananas.
- Add about half of the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix to combine. Then add the remaining flour mixture and stir until no white steaks remain. Pour the batter into a prepared bread pan (I recommend lining with parchment paper and then greasing). Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 10 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing and place on a wire rack to cool for around 20 minutes. Slice and serve. Enjoy!