This Sweet Tea Old Fashioned is a delicious spin on a classic cocktail that uses whiskey, bitters and tea-infused simple syrup!
How do you get sweet tea flavor into an Old Fashioned cocktail?
By using a tea-infused simple syrup!
You can make your own sweet tea simple syrup by simply steeping 1 bag of tea in boiling water for the instructed amount of time. Add equal parts sugar to the tea and stir until dissolved.
Wala! Your simple syrup will now have a fabulous tea flavor that really makes this cocktail something special.
Check out my recipe for Tea Infused Simple Syrup for more information
- Cocktail Jigger
- Stirring stick or spoon
- Cocktail ice mold (optional): I highly recommend keeping some cocktail or whiskey ice on hand in the freezer. It melts more slowly and is great for whiskey based drinks. I have this ice mold from Amazon.
What type of whiskey should I use?
I recommend going for a bourbon or rye whiskey.
The key to a great Old Fashioned
Old Fashions are a great cocktail to make because not only are they delicious, but they are pretty easy to get right.
Here are my tips for making the perfect old fashioned.
- Use high quality products.
- Measure your ingredients.
- Use a large, slow melting ice cube.
- Don't forget to squeeze the zest.