This Bees Knees Gin & Tonic updates the classic sweet cocktails with a lavender honey syrup and premium Indian tonic.
I absolutely love using the combination of honey and lemon in cocktails and they work beautifully in this refreshing drink. This Bees Knees Gin & Tonic is perfect for a spring day outside with friends.
I love adding a hint of lavender with my honey lavender syrup, but feel free to use regular honey in a pinch.
The key to this recipe is high quality ingredients so make sure to use your favorite premium gin and tonic. I personally recommend using Fitch and Leedes Premium Indian Tonic and a gina such as Reid's Gin or Empress 1908 Gin for a fun color.
More cocktail recipes from The Jam Jar Kitchen.
- Gin: Make sure to use a premium brand of gin for optimum flavor.
- Indian tonic: The quality of your mixer really does make a difference. I recommend using Fitch & Leedes Premium Indian tonic water for this recipe.
- Honey Lavender syrup: I love the addition of lavender to this recipe but if you don't have time to make and cool the syrup feel free to substitute regular pure liquid honey.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon twist (optional, for garnish)
Tips and tricks for great cocktails.
- Use premium mixers. So often we splurge on high quality liquor but then scrimp on the mixers. When in reality the mixers often make up 50%+ of the cocktail! A high quality tonic such as Fitch & Leedes or Fever Tree will really elevate a cocktail.
- Use fresh ingredients. Fresh fruit and fruit juice will always deliver a better drink that using bottled. Also go for fresh when possible.
Other cocktail recipes you will love.
Grapefruit and Pomegranate Rum Tonic
Made this Bees Knees Gin & Tonic cocktail recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Bees Knees Gin & Tonic
This Bees Knees Gin & Tonic updates the classic sweet cocktails with a lavender honey syrup and premium Indian tonic. Recipe adapted from Fitch & Leedes.
- cocktail shaker or jar with a lid and strainer
- 2 oz premium gin
- 4 oz premium Indian tonic water
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- .75 oz Lavender honey syrup or substitute with ½ oz pure honey
- lemon twist optional, for garnish
For the Lavender Honey Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tbsp dried edible culinary lavender
- pinch of salt
To make the Lavender Honey Syrup
- Combine 1 cup of hot water with 1 cup of honey. Mix until the honey is dissolved then add 1 tbsp of dried edible lavender and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To make the Bees Knees Gin & Tonic
- Combine gin, cold lavender honey syrup (or fresh honey), lemon juice and ice in a cocktail shaker or mason jar with a lid. Shake until well combined then strain into a large coup glass. Top off with premium Indian tonic water and a lemon twist if desired. Enjoy responsibly!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply