This refreshing Grapefruit Paloma Tonic is a tasty update to a traditional Paloma with the addition of Fitch & Leedes premium grapefruit tonic! The perfect summer cocktail!
Every summer has a drink that I feel like defines the season. This summer's signature cocktail has got to be the Paloma.
Refreshing and citrusy, this tequila based cocktail is one of my all-time favorite drinks when the weather starts warming up.
My updated take adds Fitch & Leedes Premium Grapefruit Tonic and fresh grapefruit juice for an extra citrusy, bubbly drink you're sure to make again and again!
More cocktail recipes for you to love.
What is a Paloma cocktail?
A Paloma is tequila based cocktail that traditionally blends tequila blanco with lime juice and a grapefruit soda.
I personally love the addition of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and tonic for an extra bump of flavor and carbonation!
Fitch & Leedes Premium Grapefruit Tonic
I have been using Fitch & Leedes bespoke mixers for a while now. While everything they make is delicious I am especially fond of their grapefruit tonic. It's light and refreshing with a lovely citrusy flavor that brightens up any cocktail and is particularly delicious in this Grapefruit Paloma recipe.
- Tequila Blanco
- Fitch & Leedes Grapefruit Tonic
- Fresh Grapefruit Juice
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Simple Syrup: I use homemade simple syrup at a 1:1 ratio.
- Sugar & Salt (optional): For the glass rim. I like to use Himalayan sea salt because of the pink color but regular table salt works just fine.
- Fresh jalapeno slices (optional): These are completely optional but I like the little kick they add.
- Grapefruit and Lime wedges (optional): for garnish
Step by Step Instructions
- Wet the rim of the glass with a slice of grapefruit or lime.
- Dip the rim of the glass in a mixture of sugar and salt.
- Measure in 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice, ½ oz lime juice and ½ oz simple syrup.
- Pour in 1 ½ oz tequila blanco and stir to combine.
- Add ice and the top up with Fitch & Leedes Grapefruit Tonic.
- Garnish with fresh lime and grapefruit wedges. If you like a little kick, add a few slices of fresh jalapeño.
How do I make simple syrup?
Traditional simple syrup is made by combine 1 part sugar to 1 part water.
Simply heat or boil the water then add in equal parts sugar and mix until the sugar is completely dissolved.
You can store 1:1 simple syrup in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Can I make a pitcher of Paloma?
Yes you can! Simply combine multiply the first four ingredients by however much you need. Add to a large pitcher and stir to combine.
Then pour into glasses with ice and top each up with grapefruit tonic.
Other recipes you might enjoy.
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Grapefruit Paloma Tonic
- 1.5 oz tequila blanco
- 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- Fitch & Leedes Grapefruit Tonic to top up
- fresh jalapeno slices optional
- 1 tsp sugar optional (for rim)
- 1 tsp salt optional (for rim)
- On a small plate mix together 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of sugar. Wet the rim of one glass with a little grapefruit or lime juice and dip the rim of the glass into the sugar salt mixture. Twirl to coat.
- In the same glass add grapefruit juice, lime sugar, tequila blanco and simple syrup. Gently stir to combine. Add ice then top up with Fitch & Leedes grapefruit tonic. Garnish with slices of grapefruit and lime if desired or add a few slices of fresh jalapeno for an extra quick. Enjoy responsibly!