This simple but oh-so-delicious Whiskey Tonic combines whiskey (or bourbon), triple sec, premium Indian tonic and lemon juice for a fabulous cocktail with beautiful depth of flavor and a surprisingly refreshing finish!
To be honest I had never previously thought to mix whiskey with tonic but I can tell I am so glad that I did! The earthy undertones of whiskey (or bourbon) pairs beautifully with the slightly sweet and bitterness of Indian tonic. Combined with a little triple sec for flavor and a hint of sweetness and fresh lemon juice this cocktail has a beautifully complex depth of flavor while still being surprisingly refreshing.
I was a little taken back by just much I loved it and I know you will too!
Other cocktail recipes you will love.
Fitch & Leedes Premium Indian Tonic
I have been using Fitch & Leedes bespoke mixers for a long time. Tonic is one of those mixers where quality really does matter and they don't get much better than Fitch & Leedes classic Indian Tonic. I will never go back to those big plastic bottles of tonic again!
If you're interested in trying out some of my favorite mixers you can check out the Fitch & Leedes website.
- Highball glass
- Jigger: I love this Oxo Steel Double Sided Jigger.
- Cocktail stirrer (optional)
- Ice Tray (optional): You can use ice straight out of the dispenser but I personally love using these large cocktail ice cube trays. They melt more slowly and just look so nice.
- Whiskey or Bourbon: Your favorite brand will work. I like to use a whiskey I would also enjoy sipping straight.
- Premium Indian Tonic: The quality of your tonic water really does make a huge difference in tonic-focused cocktails. My personal favorite tonic to use is Fitch & Leedes.
- Triple Sec
- Lemon Juice
Other recipes recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this Whiskey Tonic recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
- Highball glass
- 1.5 oz quality whiskey or bourbon
- .5 oz triple sec adjust as desired for preferred level of sweetness
- 4 oz tonic
- lemon wedge
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add 1.5 oz whiskey and .5 oz triple sec (you can reduce to .25 oz if you like it a little less sweet). Top up with Fitch & Leedes Premium Indian Tonic and the juice of 1 lemon wedge. Stir to combine. Garnish with a lemon slice and serve. Enjoy responsibly!