This simple but oh-so-delicious Whiskey Tonic combines whiskey (or bourbon), triple sec, premium Indian tonic and lemon juice for a fabulous cocktail with beautiful depth of flavor and a surprisingly refreshing finish!
To be honest I had never previously thought to mix whiskey with tonic but I can tell I am so glad that I did! The earthy undertones of whiskey (or bourbon) pairs beautifully with the slightly sweet and bitterness of Indian tonic. Combined with a little triple sec for flavor and a hint of sweetness and fresh lemon juice this cocktail has a beautifully complex depth of flavor while still being surprisingly refreshing.
I was a little taken back by just much I loved it and I know you will too!
Other cocktail recipes you will love.
Fitch & Leedes Premium Indian Tonic
I have been using Fitch & Leedes bespoke mixers for a long time. Tonic is one of those mixers where quality really does matter and they don't get much better than Fitch & Leedes classic Indian Tonic. I will never go back to those big plastic bottles of tonic again!
If you're interested in trying out some of my favorite mixers you can check out the Fitch & Leedes website.
- Highball glass
- Jigger: I love this Oxo Steel Double Sided Jigger.
- Cocktail stirrer (optional)
- Ice Tray (optional): You can use ice straight out of the dispenser but I personally love using these large cocktail ice cube trays. They melt more slowly and just look so nice.
- Whiskey or Bourbon: Your favorite brand will work. I like to use a whiskey I would also enjoy sipping straight.
- Premium Indian Tonic: The quality of your tonic water really does make a huge difference in tonic-focused cocktails. My personal favorite tonic to use is Fitch & Leedes.
- Triple Sec
- Lemon Juice
Other recipes recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this Whiskey Tonic recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
- Highball glass
- 1.5 oz quality whiskey or bourbon
- .5 oz triple sec adjust as desired for preferred level of sweetness
- 4 oz tonic
- lemon wedge
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add 1.5 oz whiskey and .5 oz triple sec (you can reduce to .25 oz if you like it a little less sweet). Top up with Fitch & Leedes Premium Indian Tonic and the juice of 1 lemon wedge. Stir to combine. Garnish with a lemon slice and serve. Enjoy responsibly!
What a unique recipe! I am always looking for new drink ideas.
This was really good! I don't normally make cocktails with brown spirits but friends brought a bottle over so I thought I'd give it a try as I can't drink whiskey neat. Think I have found my new drink!
this will be nice to try at home and enjoy with friends since going out is still limited at home. glad that this recipe is super easy.
This looks and sounds refreshing! I love the idea of mixing whiskey with tonic.
What a wonderful, refreshing cocktail! Definitely saving this recipe. Loved it!