Now I have to be upfront in saying that this is not a Jam Jar Kitchen original recipe. Rather it was created by the mix master Professor Baker for the Clyde May’s Whiskey Friendsgiving Cocktail Class that I attended last month. Getting to try new products and recipes is one of my favorite part about this food blogging journey and the Clyde May Friendsgiving did NOT disappoint.
My husband’s and father’s favorite cocktail is a an Old Fashioned so I have definitely made them a time or 2 but never with maple syrup and never with Clyde May’s Rye Whiskey, both of which take this classic drink to a new level. This is a perfect luxurious cocktail for the holiday season and it is seriously a breeze to throw together. No shaking, no over the top garnishes, just quality ingredients treated right to become something amazing.
Breakfast-time Old Fashioned
- 0.25 oz Maple Syrup Make sure it's 100% maple syrup not an imitator
- 5 dashes Bitters
- 2 oz Clyde May's Rye Whiskey
- strip of orange zest
- Combine maple syrup, bitters and whiskey in a glass. Stir to combine.
- Add in 1 large ice cube (or a few pieces of ice) and gently stir for 15 seconds.
- Squeeze the orange zest over the top of the glass to extract the oils and rub around the rim of the glass. Drop into the drink and enjoy responsibly!
I do not receive a commission from any purchases of Clyde May’s Whiskey.