This recipe for brownie bowls utilizes boxed brownie mix made better and a large 5 inch mold for the perfect edible bowls!
Who doesn't love eating a dessert out of a dessert? These chocolatey bowls are my family's new favorite way to celebrate a special occasion or bring a little fun to a weeknight!
By amping up a regular boxed brownie mix, these bowls are so easy to throw together. My favorite way to serve them is filled with ice cream and topped with fruit. Simply place in the middle of the dinner table with a few spoons and dig in! Enjoy!
More dessert recipes for you to enjoy.
For this recipe you will need mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons and an edible bowl mold. I love this Cooks Choice Better Baker 5 inch reversible edible bowl and muffin maker.
- Boxed brownie mix: I recommend using Ghirardelli brownie mix.
- Vanilla extract
- Unsalted butter
- Non-stick baking spray
How to remove the bowls without sticking.
The key to ensuring perfect edible bowls is to spray the inside of the molds with baking spray coating with butter and flour.
To release the bowls simply run a knife along the edge of the pan. Then carefully flip the pan over onto a wire cooling rack and tap the bottom of the pan to release. The pan should come right off leaving perfect brownie bowls.
My favorite way to serve these brownie bowls are family style filled with ice cream and topped with fresh fruit. They make a fantastic birthday or other celebratory dessert and are great for movie night!
More recipes for you to enjoy.
Made these brownie bowls? Let me know what you think in the comments!
- 1 box brownie mix I recommend Ghiradelli
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted 1 stick
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- non-stick baking spray You could also use butter and flour to coat the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine brownie mix with melted butter, eggs, salt and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine then fold in chocolate chips.
- Coat the inside of an edible bowl pan (see recommendation above) with non-stick baking spray. Divide the brownie batter between the two molds then tap gently on the counter to flatten. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30-35 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 10-15 minutes.
- To remove the bowls from the pan carefully run a knife along the edges of the brownie bowls. Then gently flip the pan over onto a wire rack and tap the bottom of the pan with a knife to release. You should be able to lift the pan right off at this point.
- Allow the bowls to cool and then serve as desired. I love filling them with ice cream, topping with fresh fruit and serving family style with a few spoons. Enjoy!