This Air Fryer Garlic Bread is the perfect crusty side dish for soaking up any sauce or stew! All you need are a few slices of French bread, butter, fresh garlic, salt, pepper and of course an air fryer for the most delicious garlic bread your family will be requesting again and again.
Now tell me, who doesn't love garlic bread? When I was a kid my mom used to buy these loaves of frozen garlic bread that she would bake in the oven whenever she made spaghetti and we would soak up every bit of that delicious sauce in crusty, buttery garlic bread. Pure heaven.
Once I was had kids of my own I was excited to make them my favorite garlic bread until....I read the ingredients on the package. Yikes! Margarine, palm oil, soybean oil and loads of preservatives. We're not crazy about our diet but I do try to avoid the artificial stuff when I can.
Luckily homemade garlic bread is not at all difficult to make and made even easier with the trusty air fryer! I hope your family loves this recipe as much as we do!
How does the air fryer work?
Despite what's implied in the name, an air fryer doesn't actually fry at all. It uses a perforated basket to cook food by blowing extremely hot air all around it, similar to a convection oven.
This hot air cooks food evenly and quickly from all sides, making it extra crisp and delicious!
More air fryer recipes you will love.
- Small mixing bowl or prep bowl
- Cutting board and knife
- Garlic press (optional): I love my Oxo Garlic Press but if you don't have one just try to mince up the garlic close as small as possible.
- Air fryer: This recipe will work most air fryers. I personally have the Power XL Vortex Air Fryer 7 QT and I love it! It holds a ton of food, heats up super fast and the heat circulates really evenly.
- French bread: I like to buy a loaf of fresh french bread from my local grocery store for this recipe. This recipe serves about 4 people and only uses about half of the loaf. if you want to make sure simply use the whole loaf and double the amount of butter and garlic.
- Butter: I recommend salted butter for this recipe and quality definitely makes a difference! My favorite is Kerrygold butter but any organic or dairy fresh butter will work.
- Fresh garlic: I highly recommend using fresh garlic rather than jarred. I know those little jars of the pre-minced garlic can seem like a tempting time saver but they just don't have the same flavor and texture.
- Salt & pepper
- Dried parsley (optional): I like sprinkling the bread with a little dried parsley for color but feel free to omit if you don't have any.
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 8 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Slice bread and spread on the butter mixture. Sprinkle the top with dried parsley (optional).
If you are using a large fresh French loaf I recommend slicing it in half lengthwise and then cutting into chunks.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for around 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
In my humble opinion crusty garlic bread is simply made to soak up a delicious sauce!
Yes! This recipe only uses half a loaf of french bread (enough to for about 4 generous servings). To double the recipe simply use the whole loaf and double the amount of garlic and butter.
Keep in mind that depending on the size of your air fryer you will probably need to do this in 2-3 batches.
You can. Baguettes also work really well. Instead of slicing in half lengthwise simple slice into 1-2 inch pieces.
Definitely! Feel free to add some grated parmesan, Italian seasoning or other herbs and spices. You can get really creative with this recipe!
Yes you can. Simply spread the butter onto the bread and then freeze (pre-cooked) in a single layer. Once they are frozen you can transfer them to a bag or container and stack them on top of each other.
When you're ready to make them simply remove the number of servings you need from the freezer and cook in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.
Other recipes you might enjoy.
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air fryer
- Cutting board and knife
- Small mixing bowl
- ½ medium loaf french bread
- 2 tbsp butter, softened (not melted) I recommend a high quality salted butter
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed Can sub with 2 small cloves.
- salt & pepper
- dried parsley optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. Slice half of a loaf of french bread in half lengthwise then cut into chunks (your preferred serving size). Set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine softened butter and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Spread the butter mixture evenly on the bread. Then sprinkle with a few dried parsley flakes. Place the buttered bread in the air fryer. *Depending on the size of your sir fryer you may need to do this in batches.*Cook at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes until the bread is a crusty golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!