You won't miss the meat in these delicious Vegan Italian Stuffed Mushrooms perfect for holiday get-togethers!
During the holidays I am always looking for tasty recipes that suit the dietary needs of all my friends and family. And I can assure you that these delicious Vegan Italian Stuffed Mushrooms will impress vegans and meat eaters alike!
More Appetizer Recipes you will love.
- Mixing bowl
- Cutting board and knife
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mushrooms: I recommend Baby Bella Mushrooms.
- Basil or Italian style dressing: I recommend Field & Farmer Sweet Basil Vinaigrette.
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- Panko style breadcrumbs: Be sure to look for plant based panko to make this recipe Vegan.
- Roasted red peppers
- Plant based Parmesan: You can substitute with regular dairy Parmesan if desired.
- Vegan Butter: You can substitute with regular dairy butter if desired.
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh basil
This recipe can be either vegan or vegetarian depending on which ingredients you use. To make the recipe fully vegan be sure to use plant based parmesan and vegan butter.
If you only need the recipe to be vegetarian you can use regular parmesan and dairy butter.
More vegan recipes for you to enjoy!
Made these Vegan Italian Stuffed Mushrooms? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Vegan Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
- Mixing bowls
- Baking Sheet
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 4 tbsp Basil or Italian style dressing, divided I recommend Field & Farmer Sweet Basil Dressing
- Olive oil
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- ⅓ cup finely chopped kale
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup roasted red pepper, minced
- ⅓ cup vegan parmesan, shredded or grated Can substitute regular parmesan for vegetarian
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp vegan butter Can substitute regular butter for vegetarian
- fresh basil, julienned
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully and gently clean the mushrooms and then separate the stems from the caps. Mince the mushroom stems and place in a bowl along with minced onion and garlic. Set aside. Place the caps in a mixing bowl and drizzle on 2 tbsp of basil or Italian style dressing. Gently mix to evenly coat and allow the mushrooms to marinate while you prepare the filling.
- In a mixing bowl combine panko, minced roasted red pepper, vegan parmesan, a pinch of salt and pepper and 2 tbsp of the basil or Italian style dressing. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet and heat over medium high until hot. Then add in the minced mushroom stems, onion and garlic along with ½ tsp of Italian seasoning, a pinch of red pepper flakes (if using) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 3-4 minutes until softened. Toss in the finely chopped kale and turn the heat to low. Cook for a minute or so until the kale is softened.
- Pour the cooked mushroom mixture into the bowl with the breadcrumbs and mix until well combined. Then add in 1 tbsp of melted vegan butter and stir to combine. Taste and add any additional salt or pepper as desired.
- Spray a baking sheet with a little olive oil. Stuff each mushroom cap with a the filling and then place on the baking sheet.
- Bake the mushrooms at 400 degrees F for about 20-23 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and topped with a little fresh basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!