This simple and refreshing Solara Melon, Cucumber and Watermelon Radish Salad is perfect for summer entertaining!
Featuring sweet and delicious Pure Flavor Solara™ Mini Melons and Pure Flavor Cucumbers, this is my new go to salad of the season.
This insanely hot summer has me on the hunt for cooling recipes that are easy enough to throw together on a weeknight but impressive enough to serve family and friends on the weekend. This salad absolutely fits the bill!
Sweet and refreshing melon with cooling cucumber, slightly bitter watermelon radish and goat cheese topped with a fresh mint lime and honey vinaigrette is the perfect combination of textures and flavors.
For the best possible flavor be sure to purchase Pure Flavor’s Solara™ Mini Melons and Pure Flavor’s Long English Cucumbers.
Why choose Pure Flavor?
By now I'm sure y'all know I am a big fan of Pure Flavor® produce, and these sweet and adorable Solara™ Mini Melons are no exception. These greenhouse grown melons are nurtured with the ideal amount of light, nutrition, and water to deliver the same sweet flavor families love, regardless of the season.
In addition to great tasting produce, Pure Flavor are committed to ensuring the highest quality greenhouse grown produce. Pure Flavor treats their growers, employees and customers with the upmost respect, which is something I can really get behind.
Learn more at www.pureflavor.com.
More salad recipes for you to enjoy.
For this recipe you will a cutting board and mandolin or very sharp knife and a serving platter. To make the dressing you will need a mason jar and lid.
- Pure Flavor Solara™ Mini Melon
- English cucumber
- Watermelon radish
- Serrano peppers (optional)
- Microgreens (optional)
- Goat cheese
- Olive oil
- Lime, juice of
- Fresh mint
- Salt & pepper
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
I love using a mandolin for this recipe because it results in consistently thin slices. However, if you don’t have one or prefer not to use one you can use a very sharp knife to slice the cucumber and radish as thinly as possible.
I absolutely love the beautiful pop of color that watermelon radish but sometimes it can be a little hard to get a hold of. If you can’t find one no worries, simply substitute with Easter egg radishes and if you can’t find those a regular radish will do.
I like the slight kick you get from adding the sliced serrano peppers on top. If you want a totally mild salad feel free to leave those out. If you want something spicier than add more peppers or a hotter variety.
If you don’t have goat cheese I also like use Queso fresco for this recipe or even dabs of ricotta or shaved parmesan.
More recipes you will love.
Spicy Shrimp and Cucumber Noodle Bowls
Made this Solara Melon, Cucumber and Watermelon Radish with Honey Mint Lime Dressing? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Melon, Cucumber and Watermelon Radish Salad with Honey Mint Lime Dressing
- 1 small summer melon (or ½ a large melon such as honeydew) I highly recommend Pure Flavor Solara Mini Melon
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 large watermelon radish
- 1-2 Serrano peppers optional
- 1 handful microgreens optional
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lime, juiced
- ½ tbsp honey
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- Flaky sea salt optional
- In a mason jar combine olive oil, lime juice, honey and mint with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place a lid on the jar and shake vigorously until well combined. Set aside.
- Use a mandolin or very sharp knife to thinly slice the cucumber and watermelon radish. Then cut the Solara melon in half, remove the seeds and outer peel, and thinly slice.
- Arrange the melon, radish and cucumber on a large platter. Top with thinly sliced Serrano pepper, micro greens and pinches of goat cheese.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad (you may not need all of the dressing) and top with flaky sea salt if desired. Serve and enjoy!
This was the most gorgeous salad I've made in years! And the combination of textures and flavors was wonderful, too.