These festive Roast Beef Crostini with horseradish sauce are a simple and delicious appetizer your friends and family will love!
Looking for an elegant yet easy appetizer that is sure to impress? These delicious Roast Beef Crostini are just the ticket! With a simple and flavorful horseradish and green onion sauce, shaved deli roast beef and some festive toppings these crostini are easily customizable for any occasion. I especially love serving these crostini around Christmas and they're great at holiday parties. Enjoy!
More appetizer and lite bite recipes you will love.
For this recipe you will need:
- Sheet Pan: I love these Nordic Ware sheet pans from Amazon.
- Mixing bowl: I love these nesting Pyrex glass bowls and use them all the time.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Pastry brush: I have this set of silicone pastry brushes. They work great and are super affordable!
- Roast beef: I like getting freshly shaved roast beef from the grocery store deli. But if you prefer a thicker cut that works too. You could also use leftover roast beef or beef tenderloin.
- Baguette: One large baguette works great!
- Green onion: I love the flavor that green onions give this recipe. In a pinch you could substitute chives.
- Prepared horseradish: I typically use Inglehoffer's thick and creamy horseradish. But you can use extra hot horseradish for an extra kick.
- Sour cream: Full fat works best.
- Mayonnaise: I recommend using a good quality mayo for the best texture and flavor.
- Lemon: A fresh squeeze of lemon really brightens the sauce up.
- Olive oil: You can brush olive oil on the baguettes before toasting or use a high quality olive oil spray.
- Balsamic glaze: This ingredient is optional but I love the tang and sweetness it adds. Just a little goes a long way.
- Micro arugula: Lately I've become obsessed with micro greens. They add great flavor and look so pretty. If you can't find micro arugula then baby arugula works great.
Time needed: 35 minutes.
- Make the crostini toasts.
Cut your baguette into ½ inch slices. Then brush with olive oil and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Make the horseradish green onion sauce.
In a medium size mixing bowl combine horseradish, sour cream, mayo, green onions, a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Assemble the roast beef crostini.
Spread some sauce on each crostini. Top with roast beef, a little more horseradish sauce and a couple dots of balsamic glaze. Garnish with micro arugula, pomegranate seeds and a sprinkle of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Make it festive.
I love serving these at holiday parties and Christmas events. Adding a few pomegranate seeds on top really add a festive twist and a nice burst of fresh tangy sweetness.
More recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this Roast Beef Crostini recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
Roast Beef Crostini
- Baking Sheet
- mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- 1 baguette
- olive oil can also use olive oil spray
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp green onion, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ lemon, juice of
- salt & pepper
- ½ lb roast beef, shaved
- balsamic glaze
- micro arugula can substitute with baby arugula
- pomegranate seeds optional
- flaky sea salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Cut baguette into ½ inch sliced. (You should get between 25 - 30 pieces.)Brush both sides with a little olive oil and bake at 350 F for 7-8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine horseradish, sour cream, mayonnaise, minced green onion, the juice of half a lemon and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- To assemble the crostini spread a little of the horseradish sauce on each crostini. Layer on some roast beef then add a dollop of horseradish sauce and a dot or two of balsamic glaze. Garnish with micro arugula and pomegranate seeds if desired. Finish with a little fresh cracked pepper and some flaky sea salt. Serve and enjoy!