This recipe for the best easy banana bread is a breeze to throw together results in a beautifully moist and light crumb that your whole family is sure to love!
What makes this the best easy banana bread recipe?
So I am totally aware that there are a million banana bread recipes out there. But please, hear me out on this one. I've had a lot of banana bread in my time but I never really found a recipe that I wanted to make over again until this one.
No Need For Any Electric Mixers!
I love to bake and I love my stand mixer. But when I see browning bananas on my counter I want a recipe that is simple to throw together. This recipe does not require any mixers or electric tools. All you need is a whisk, a couple bowls, some pantry and fridge staples and a strong arm.
Simply mix up your ingredients, throw them in the oven and walaa! A fabulous freshly, baked loaf of banana bread. The this loaf has a moist, tender crumb that is full of banana flavor.
A definite crowd pleaser that feels special but is easy enough to make any day of the week. Your family will love this banana bread!
More Baking Recipes you will love!
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Loaf Pan: Both 10 x 5 and 9 x 5 work. I love using my Le Creuset Loaf Pan!
- Wire Cooling Rack: If you don't have a wire cooling rack you can cool the bread on another surface. However, if you do a lot of baking I definitely recommend getting one. You can order this Oxo cooling rack on Amazon or there are loads available online or in stores.
- Overripe Bananas: Overripe bananas are key to this recipe which is why it is so great for using leftover fruit. In my opinion the browner the better!
- Unsalted butter
- White Granulated Sugar
- Eggs: Ideally you will want to use eggs that have come to room temperature. If you're in a hurry and don't want to wait simply place the eggs in a bowl of warm (not hot) water for a few minutes before using.
- Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream: I highly recommend using full fat sour cream for this recipe. Low fat will work but it won't be as delicious.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda: Always make sure that your baking soda is not expired! Expired baking soda will not give you the same rise and is a frequent reason for baking failures.
- Baking Powder
Tips and Tricks for Successful Banana Bread
- Make sure your bananas are overripe! Green or firm bananas will not work as well.
- Don't add extra bananas - this may be tempting but it will result in a very dense crumb.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Do not over bake! Every oven is different so be sure to test your banana bread to see when it's done
How will I know when it is baked?
Simply insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. When it comes out clean you know the banana bread is done.
More recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
*Note* The above links are considered as â€œaffiliate linksâ€. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided that are signaled with.
The Jam Jar Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn income by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program.