This recipe for the best easy banana bread is a breeze to throw together results in a beautifully moist and light crumb that your whole family is sure to love!
What makes this the best easy banana bread recipe?
So I am totally aware that there are a million banana bread recipes out there. But please, hear me out on this one. I've had a lot of banana bread in my time but I never really found a recipe that I wanted to make over again until this one.
No Need For Any Electric Mixers!
I love to bake and I love my stand mixer. But when I see browning bananas on my counter I want a recipe that is simple to throw together. This recipe does not require any mixers or electric tools. All you need is a whisk, a couple bowls, some pantry and fridge staples and a strong arm.
Simply mix up your ingredients, throw them in the oven and walaa! A fabulous freshly, baked loaf of banana bread. The this loaf has a moist, tender crumb that is full of banana flavor.
A definite crowd pleaser that feels special but is easy enough to make any day of the week. Your family will love this banana bread!
More Baking Recipes you will love!
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Whisk: I love this Oxo whisk!
- Loaf Pan: Both 10 x 5 and 9 x 5 work. I love using my Le Creuset Loaf Pan!
- Wire Cooling Rack: If you don't have a wire cooling rack you can cool the bread on another surface. However, if you do a lot of baking I definitely recommend getting one. You can order this Oxo cooling rack on Amazon or there are loads available online or in stores.
- Overripe Bananas: Overripe bananas are key to this recipe which is why it is so great for using leftover fruit. In my opinion the browner the better!
- Unsalted butter
- White Granulated Sugar
- Eggs: Ideally you will want to use eggs that have come to room temperature. If you're in a hurry and don't want to wait simply place the eggs in a bowl of warm (not hot) water for a few minutes before using.
- Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream: I highly recommend using full fat sour cream for this recipe. Low fat will work but it won't be as delicious.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda: Always make sure that your baking soda is not expired! Expired baking soda will not give you the same rise and is a frequent reason for baking failures.
- Baking Powder
Tips and Tricks for Successful Banana Bread
- Make sure your bananas are overripe! Green or firm bananas will not work as well.
- Don't add extra bananas - this may be tempting but it will result in a very dense crumb.
- Do not over mix the batter.
- Do not over bake! Every oven is different so be sure to test your banana bread to see when it's done
How will I know when it is baked?
Simply insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. When it comes out clean you know the banana bread is done.
My favorite way to eat this banana bread is heated up in the microwave and slathered in butter.
You can also make it a fabulous dessert by griddling it in a little butter and then serving with ice cream, custard or whipped cream.
More recipes for you to enjoy.
Made this easy banana bread recipe? Let me know what you think in the comments!
The Best Easy Banana Bread
- Loaf pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs ideally at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sour cream I recommend full fat
- 1.5 cups overripe bananas, mashed about 4 medium bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Butter and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan or coat with a nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.Crack both eggs in a separate, small bowl and use a fork to whisk until well mixed. Set aside.
- In another bowl add butter, brown sugar and white granulated sugar. Whisk until well combined. Add in eggs, vanilla extract and sour cream. Whisk until well combined. Then fold in mashed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined Do not over mix.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 5-10 minutes. Then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with butter and enjoy!